speaking out about abuse

MoonSun
just curious, has anyone else had to experience this?

i've simultaneously felt spiritually called to speak out in situations of injustice or share personal experiences, and at the same time or after felt really ashamed, like i have negative gunk suddenly on me.

i'm about to do some eft work on this, but i felt like sharing...

Re: speaking out about abuse

dulcie
Yes, MoonSun I’ve been feeling this hardcore too! That guilt/blame/shame smog...For me, I started out sharing things I’ve experienced in small groups of people, 1-4, and then that felt done or old in a way and I read ACIM and liked it. It talks about not needing to forgive which has never really happened, anything from a lack of love because nothing but love can truly exist. But then I took that (over the top) in an interesting lesson because I was all “oh I can just pretend that everything’s good with these people who hurt me because I can change the past thru timeline jumping and da da da” but by doing so I was spiritually bypassing by not being present with the paradox of all of this, and needing to see that I can know that everything is chill from our higher selves’ perspective while still moving thru this physical experience in a way that is more present with what is happening on a bodily level. Needing to bring my soul in communion with my body much more, and trusting the process of that. So, I’m back to the point of wanting to talk/share about it more and feeling called to in a way, but not sure how to yet and also not wanting to force anything. I’ve felt complicated with this in metaphysical communities because I don’t know if it’s “appropriate” at times, which already sounds silly to me but I don’t know something feels like a blockage in which I’m not sure whether to bring this stuff up or just transmute it out of my system in other ways because it’s telling an old story or keeping things stuck in the past.
What has your experience been?

Re: speaking out about abuse

dulcie
Thank you for being vulnerable and sharing 🧡

Re: speaking out about abuse

Briana
I've just started opening up to some of my closest friends about my experiences with abuse in my family home growing up.
They were shocked and had absolutely no idea, but it was very therapeutic for me in ways I didn't expect at all.
I too feel the shame, and am still not ready to open up in a very public way, but beginning to share has been extremely healing for me.

The only reason I was able to open up with my friends is because it was finally acknowledged in my family. Since it was never talked about in my family, I always thought there was a slight possibility I was overreacting or my imagination was over active and never felt safe to speak about my experiences outside of the people I had experienced it with. Solar plexus tings. if that makes sense :)