forehead/third eye pain/pressure during energy work

forehead/third eye pain/pressure during energy work

sameerah
Hi community,

During powerful moments of prayer, energy work, and visualization I oftentimes feel pressure and even pain arise in the area of my third eye. It intensifies as the prayer or energy work comes to its peak. Almost like there's a blockage maybe? In these moments I do make sure to pull energy a bit down into my heart but when things get powerful I feel the pressure above my brow intensify. It's a strange feeling because it will be a mix of pressure and pain, but then also feeling in these moments that I'm seeing more clearly, am aligned, and in my power in relation to connecting to source.

Can anyone provide input on short term relief and/or long term healing? I'm currently looking into pineal gland health and resources about decalcification. I greatly appreciate any insight, tools, techniques, remedies, or practices to address how to clear and open the third eye area so that energy can flow freely.

Salaam :)

Re: forehead/third eye pain/pressure during energy work

Terese
Hi Persimmon,

I can't make any recommendations to long term relief/healing, but I did want to share that I have been experiencing the same thing!  I have to admit I was somewhat grateful when I saw your post, not that you were experiencing pain, but the fact that I was not alone.      Mine also lasts after my practice.

I have increased hydration, movement, intention, praying/asking for relief, and time in nature to try and subside the symptoms. I'm hoping it's just a spiritual growth spurt and will pass.
   I have also started researching pineal glad health after reading your post :)

Lastly, I wanted to thank you for your color offerings from your earlier post.  They have come to me during meditations and when I've been trying to fall asleep at night.  They are both beautiful AND powerful!

Love and Peace, Terese

Re: forehead/third eye pain/pressure during energy work

sameerah
Hi Terese,

Thank you so much for your message and I wish us both understanding and relief from the discomfort we're experiencing. I'm sorry to hear yours lasts after practice and I hope that eases inshallah. If I come across any new info or insight I'll share it here and hope you'll do the same!

You're so welcome and very kind re: color offerings. I actually made more, so I'll share them on that thread soon in case you'd like to check them out. It's quite soothing and meditative to create them. Thanks again!

Much love :)

salaam,
persimmon

Re: forehead/third eye pain/pressure during energy work

Terese
You are kind, thank you!  I look forward to your color shares....sooo comforting and healing.

Re: forehead/third eye pain/pressure during energy work

sameerah
update:

for the past few days the pressure has released immensely. I wish I could pinpoint why but it's 1 or some or all of the following that has helped:

-recent healing trip to the ocean, fully-immersed swimming, feet in sand, sun, etc.

-daily flower essence usage (mostly Yarrow Environmental Solution from FES)

-2 hits of a CBD joint for a few days in a row. it contained organic CBD hemp flower, mugwort, angelica root, wormwood, lavender, rosemary, white sage (no THC, non-psychoactive). I also don't drink alcohol or caffeine or smoke cigarettes

-fasting 1 day a week (water, herbal tea only from sunrise to sunset)

-no TV/netflix (only watching NEMS classes, etc). reading physical books instead

- limiting nightly phone usage and sleeping w/phone outside bedroom or on far side of the room

-new multivitamin capsule taken daily

Re: forehead/third eye pain/pressure during energy work

sameerah
I was doing a guided meditation with Ken through the Energy is Currency class this morning and some pressure returned and I had the following realization:

It seems like a lot of the pressure stems from a lack of balance and/or the amount of earth and universal/cosmic energy I'm drawing in.

For example, I realize that when I'm first guided to tap into earth energy I have a tendency to pull up a whole lot of it. Imagine sucking too hard on a straw, or when you're making a smoothie and turn the blender up to high -- all the material is pulled to the top as it spins around.

Earth energy seems to be most beneficial for the lower energy centers and it's not really necessary for me to draw so much at such a rate that it's pulling up towards my 3rd eye.

In terms of universal cosmic energy it's also important to work with the dial and not turn everything all the way up. Turn the dial, like the volume, up and down and find the right amount that feels the best.

Balance: once I've drawn up earth and drawn down the universal it's time to blend and balance.

I imagine my 1st few centers as if they are bowls/containers in a way.. the earth comes up and fills my 1st center and as it becomes full it pushes out everything I need to release into the earth.. it does this until it's just pure earth energy within that center -- then once that's steady it flows up to my 2nd center and does the same thing, then the third. There's this flow up from the earth and then a releasing back into the earth. like an upward fountain that need's to fill the lower levels before it can flow up.

I imagine cosmic coming down, expanding and clearing my higher centers, and it goes down and touches the root gently but then flows back up my spine out the top of my crown and then showers over my whole aura. There's a nice blending of earth and cosmic between my heart and solar plexus.

I'm guessing that if I gently focus on finding the right balance -- and making sure to turn the dial a bit lower on earth/cosmic while I'm adjusting -- and THEN do energy work and visualization it will immensely help the pressure and pain when things get deeper and more intense within the energy work. Basically, get back to the basics and set up a good foundation before completely diving in to the more intricate work. That initial fine tuning and balance/blending process is very important.

Hope this helps :)

Re: forehead/third eye pain/pressure during energy work

Becky
I find covering my head to be really helpful if I experience any head/crown discomfort. Natural fiber is best IME. I often will put on a head covering *before* doing pranayama or energy work. Sometimes just tying my hair up on my crown feels right.

Re: forehead/third eye pain/pressure during energy work

sameerah
Thank you Becky :)