Zine Offering that I shared in Community Meeting :)

Zine Offering that I shared in Community Meeting :)

Miehrit Kassa
Peace everyone!

Thank you all for holding space during today's community meeting, it was such an amazing time to be with you all and to witness each other in this new season that we are transitioning into :) I feel immensely blessed to be in community with you all.

To this message I've attached what I affectionately call the "quranzine" (since it's a zine I made during and because of the quarantine) that I shared with you all earlier today. It's a rough draft, work in process so there may be iterations of it that get transformed, but this is the version that I am sharing in the now. (I will also post it in the Facebook group.)

I hope that the medicine I've received can be of some support. Feel free to let me know in this thread how you feel and relate to the work :)

abebayhosh_a_quranzine.pdf

Love and blessings,
Miehrit |Mercy

Re: Zine Offering that I shared in Community Meeting :)

Evelyn K
hey miehrit,

i send my gratitude to you for sharing your creation with all of us. thank you so much! specific phrases delivered amazing messages to me, like the title itself of your zine-- abebayhosh / we have seen the flowers-- when i read this, i got the reminder that it's always OK to take the time for stillness, awe, and rest. that it is OK to see the physical flowers around us, and the metaphorical ones of whatever is blossoming in our lives.

i thought of a group of people saying, "we have seen the flowers-- we have taken time for stillness, awe, and rest, and it's okay for you to do so, as well."

the statement "I am accepted in all of my 'here I am'" resonated with me, too, because I'm currently in the middle of embracing my shadow selves. I think this statement beautifully summarizes shadow work-- to accept our many "accepted" / "acceptable" and messy selves.

Re: Zine Offering that I shared in Community Meeting :)

Sesalli
I love this so much!!! Thank you for sharing :) My partner & I have been talking about making a zine & you have sooooo inspired me. I live in Mid City tooooo! So we maybe have some of the same flower friends. Maybe one day we can connect IRL
Chi

Re: Zine Offering that I shared in Community Meeting :)

Chi
I missed the last community meeting but I'm so thankful for the opportunity to read this!  I love zines!  This one is exceptionally beautiful and inspiring!  Thanks for sharing <3

Re: Zine Offering that I shared in Community Meeting :)

Mary
That was beautiful. This portion resonated with me:

'grief is the prodigal child that's returned
home and how we receive it individually and collectively
will be reality shifting'

Thank you for sharing ❤️.