Traveling to SF/Oakland/Berkeley

Genesis Tejada
This post was updated on .
Hello all!

It’s my first time posting in the portal although I’ve been attending class since it’s inception. I’m traveling from Japan to SF/Oakland area for a weekend on my way to NYC in late October. I’m looking for recommendations of things to do during my stay.

I am interested in knowing about yoga/health studios, dance classes, metaphysical/book stores, music/art galleries, trails for hiking and other outdoor activities/places to visit surrounded by nature. I am also interested in meeting some of you if you’re in the SF/Oakland/Berkeley area. I’ll then be staying in NYC until mid November :)

I will be checking the portal more regularly now that I’m aware of how it works. So thankful to be part of this community + really looking forward to your recommendations <3

- GENTEJ
@lagentej on all social media

Re: Traveling to SF/Oakland/Berkeley

Maryam
Hi Genesis!
There are so many great things things to do in the Bay Area. In terms of hiking I recommend Joaquin Miller Park, Muir Words(redwood forest) and in SF Lands end. There is a sweet zen garden at Lake Merrit too that I love. Metaphysical stores I would recommend Sacred Well(it has a new name but I don’t recall it) and Lhasa Karnak(an herb shop that is my favorite). I also Highly recommend Oakland Spice Shop. They have medicinal grade herbs and spices.  In terms of other healing possibilities i do love Piedmont Springs hot tubs, Oakland floats(for floating and their light treatment). There are a lot of great things happening all of the time!

Re: Traveling to SF/Oakland/Berkeley

Genesis Tejada
You are a goddess! Such perfect recommendations 😍

I’m really looking forward to the trip. It’ll be my first time ever visiting Northern California + I already know I’m in for a treat. Eternal thanks!

Re: Traveling to SF/Oakland/Berkeley

Kristina
Hey! In terms of cultural/art spaces La Peña in Berkeley is great and Mission Cultural Center for Latino arts in SF is great too. Ancestral Apothecary is an awesome herbal school which sometimes has day/ weekend programs. La Botanica Azul is a newish herbal store, I havent been yet but it looks like a really nice community owned space with amazing people. Also UC Berkeley Multicultural Community Center has great events that are also open to the community. There are so many cool things to do in the bay area! I no longer live there but writting this makes me miss it. Enjoy your trip <3

Re: Traveling to SF/Oakland/Berkeley

Genesis Tejada
Wow, Kristina! Thank you so much for your suggestions — I will have more than enough to do when I come to visit.

I am overjoyed! 🌻🙏🏼✨