Support Around Transitions

Greg
Dear Beloved Community,

Good afternoon.  I pray that you all are well and staying centered and aligned in the midst of this collective hysteria.

I am having a tough time right now.  My grandfather, whom my grandmother and I are taking care of, was diagnosed with the virus in mid-March.  Fortunately, he has not suffered from it so much but is still dealing with a host of other conditions that have debilitated him in body and mind.  I have been highly diligent about staying rooted in my spiritual practices, setting energetic boundaries, and practicing self-care in order to show up for them both fully without enabling disempowering frames of mind.  All of this has helped tremendously, but I still feel the impact of being a caretaker on my physical, emotional and auric bodies.

Additionally, my heart has turned cold toward my job as a high school teacher.  It has been difficult to summon the energy necessary to show up virtually for my students and for my normal responsibilities.  It feels like I'm carrying a corpse inside.  I've given myself a year and a half to gracefully transition out of this system and into full-time spiritual work once my income has been replaced, but it's proving more difficult to hang on by the day.

I am open to any feedback you might have.

Peace and blessings,

Greg

Re: Support Around Transitions

Marissa
Thanks for sharing Greg. I send grounding energy your way as I can tell from your share that there is a lot moving within you energetically. I too have been in a place of transition before and relying on my spiritual tools are what helped me find a glimmer of hope amidst a sometimes heavy and dense environment.

I noticed when I was over my last job I too felt totally over it and ready to leave it, but intuitively I knew there were some messages I had to receive before it was time to leave. Those intuitive messages look differently for everyone. It could be showing up more fully as yourself or speaking up for yourself if you haven't before. I encourage you to use your tools to help find the answers within you.

Also, creative visualization is a powerful tool to use. Imagine what you would prefer to feel and see in your life. It may start off small at first, but with practice you may begin to feel the fuller picture of what you want.

Re: Support Around Transitions

Felisha Nicole
Sending prayers of solace, grace, and miracles to you and your grandparents Greg.  It sounds like a death of an old self and life you are experiencing. Continue to hold on to your Self and inner being knowing the guidance, the flow, the sustainment is there - in breath, in continued faith, in the present.

Holding vision of health and peace for you, yours, and our community.

Felisha

Re: Support Around Transitions

Marissa
Sending so much compassion and loving support your way, Greg. It sounds like you are undergoing some deep transformations. It also sounds like your soul may be grieving the loss of your old self, which is a natural part of our evolution.

My suggestion is along the lines of what Felisha and Marissa said, try setting an intention in the morning to call in what you want to experience that day. For me, the more vague the better, like "show me grace... show me acceptance... show me forgiveness... show me trust..." something along those lines.

By letting the universe know what feelings you do want to experience, hopefully it will bring some ease into your day while so much of your life is in flux.

I think whatever you can do to honor the place you're in right now, maybe a self-care ritual to say goodbye to the parts of your self that you are growing out of, and also calling in the expanded parts of your self that you are evolving into.

Transitions are hard on all levels! Especially when it relates to caretaking for a loved one. My heart goes out to you during these challenging times. You are doing an amazing job at being human.