Staying grounded and present

Madeline
Hi Everyone,
Do you have any tips for staying grounded and present. I am having difficulty with both of these things ever since i started becoming more awake my emotional eating is out of control. Does anyone have anything that really helped them. I have tried Essential oils, moving more (even though this is hard because i go into complete panic attacks), walking bare foot, even just trying to talk myself down and tell myself this isn't real and i still haven't been able to shake it.

Re: Staying grounded and present

tamara
Have you tried Qigong? I've had  issues with worry and anxiety is the past, and it really helped to calm me and get the good qi flowing through my body. There are some good videos on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/3GtFp6sz5zM

https://youtu.be/R1tpHKvjewI

The two above are my favorites.

Meditations with Archangel Michael has also helped me to get grounded. There's a good one here:

https://youtu.be/EJjLIl7NMk0

I hope these help! :)

Re: Staying grounded and present

Irene
Hi Madeline,

How are you doing?

I have a bunch of all over the place ideas:

If eating is soothing for you allow yourself to eat and forgive yourself. It is probably a phase (since you said it has been "out of control lately")

I've learned about observing the physical sensation of your panic attack ...trying to simply describe it, as if you were going to paint a picture of it or make a sculpture...what places it is located in your body, can you describe the feeling of it, the texture? what shape is it, How big is it? Notice there IS a limit to it.

Set at least one appointment with a therapist for a consultation...having that to look forward to and anticipating feeling supported may make you feel better as panic attacks arise. (I have resources in my City for free counseling based on income you may find your town does too if you need it.)

Hasnaa's meditations!!!! Major key.

Drink a hot beverage...tea, coffee, or just hot water with some lemon juice (or essential oils) and listen to some soothing music -- if you go to Has' twitter page and click media you can find a bunch of youtube links to beautiful healing music and sounds...start there

Drink cool water

You may get to a peak where you know that's the worst it will get, then remember "This too shall pass"

For me after I do one, or several of these things the panic may not be completely gone, it only feels slightly, a teeny, tiny bit better. That's when I have to remind myself to be super loving toward myself and forgiving and thankful that there is at least some difference between how I feel after vs. before and know that soon I will feel even better.

Sending you love!

Re: Staying grounded and present

Maddie
THANK YOU BOTH <3

Re: Staying grounded and present

Neha Jha
Hi! That first QiGong video was so powerful! Thanks for sharing (:

Re: Staying grounded and present

tamara
You're welcome! Qi gong is so wonderful. Adding it to my morning ritual has done a world of good for me.

Re: Staying grounded and present

Tarolyn Elder
Hey Madeline,

Journaling has completely changed my life. I write whenever I feel triggered and my higher self speaks to me easier and I am more open to receive information that way. It has helped me to become more present with my emotions and ask myself why I feel this way and then I am able to respond with clear answers. I also have the advantage of going back and seeing how I've progressed .

Re: Staying grounded and present

Tiffany
I agree, Journaling does help a lot. Getting my thoughts down on paper is a way of release for me (as well as eft)

Re: Staying grounded and present

Vanessa
Hi Madeline, I sometimes have trouble staying grounded/present as well, operating mostly through my higher chakras which isn't sustainable and usually burns me out. Grounding visualizations are popular (such as anchoring into the earth through the Root Chakra) but this technique isn't always effective for me.

However, binaural beats work wonders (and there are a variety of tones out there)! After listening, I feel centred, physically refreshed and mentally clear. Headphones deepen the experience. Try out the link below - hope this helps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ymHeUEImgs

Re: Staying grounded and present

Maddie
THANK YOU <3

Re: Staying grounded and present

Maddie
THANK YOU <3

Re: Staying grounded and present

Nuur
Eating small amounts of dark chocolate helps alot with grounding. I also hug trees alot which is similar to walking barefoot. Ive noticed some anxiety coming up alot at this time and for me it seems to mostly be emotions and trauma that I stuffed in many years ago. I feel it well up in my heart chakra. At those times deep breathing helps me, whats referred to as ujjayi breathing, deep through the nose and exhale through the mouth as if you are trying to fog up a mirror. In addition to thymus tapping. Recognizing it as a trapped emotion helps me work through it without going into full panic. Ask the feeling what it needs from you right now. Try to address it as if it is a child. Sometimes I need to scream it out, or have a "dry cry" where I sound like I am crying but there are no tears.

Alot of times trying to fight the anxiety makes it worse. We then have anxiety about having anxiety lol. So I go straight into the feeling, and say hi anxiety I see you and I feel you. What are you here to show me?

Sounds silly but it brings you into the present moment and helps alot.

Hope something in here is of service to you or anyone reading.

Sending love!

Re: Staying grounded and present

Jenna Dorce
Hey Madeline! I hope you're feeling much more grounded and present. Every suggestion that was made I totally am in support of. I wanted to add that I definitely go through feelings of "flight," I like to call it haha! When I just want out. Off this plane, out this body, out of this existence, etc. and I've found two meditations, along with eating, positive affirmations, creating, to be helpful and impactful ways to remind me me of who I am.

 I'm a huge fan of Sahdguru, he's a yogic/mystic/guru from India, and his approach to spirituality is parallel to a lot of what's held here. He has a guided meditation called, Isha Kriya and the purpose of the meditation or maybe to better put it, my interpretation of the meditation is to loosen up on a metaphysical level, to feel some of the magnitude of your being beyond the body; it reminds me.

I won't talk too much about it because everyone has different experiences with meditation.

Also, Shambhavi mudra is a less intense, shorter but potent mediation to expand grace, which has been very grounding for me.

Isha Kriya - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAD53Ka9AOQ

Shambhavi Mudra - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_xsXnRd_uc

Re: Staying grounded and present

Maddie
Bless you kind soul! Thank you very much

Re: Staying grounded and present

Hanna
Yes, this isha kriya meditation was pivotal in bringing about my spiritual awakening! It helped in having myself take a step back into my awareness through what were previously triggering circumstances - which is a fascinating experience. Excited for the breakthroughs to come to you through it :)

Re: Staying grounded and present

Taylor
Hi!

So I was vegan for a year and during that time I felt especially flighty. When I don't feel grounded, I usually like to eat a comforting meal. It's one of my forms of self care. If you're familiar with Ayurveda, I just think of what I can do to calm my vata. Sometimes that's eating a hamburger. Sometimes that's eating coconut milk rice pudding.
Eating well and having balanced blood sugar may help!

Re: Staying grounded and present

MoonSun
i love this thread so much <3

journaling forever with salt baths after hugging all the trees