Spiritual Gangster/Mantras

Irene
Spiritual gangster is something Lalah Delia called herself in class once and it's been returning to me this week, as a mantra.

When petty fears have arisen I've reminded myself that I'm a spiritual gangster, and I need to act as such to get to the next level. Usually then the guidance that comes through is like the spiritual Jillian Michaels or Shaun T (lol), and they shake me back toward a positive focus.

I have a feeling this has to do with becoming more in touch with my divine masculine.

Just a thought that I hope is helpful.

Do y'all have any mantras that are immediately transformative? Feel free to share! :)

xx

Re: Spiritual Gangster/Mantras

Heather
I love that mantra! One thing that I have been reminding myself lately is that, "I am the storm."  It's from a passage from a book, A Fierce Heart, written by Spring Washam who is one of my favorite buddhist/mindfulness teachers from when I lived in Oakland (she just moved down to LA).  The full passage is, "The devil whispers, you can't withstand the storm.  The warrior replies, I am the storm."  It goes hand-in-hand with another one of her mantras that that also resonated with me -- "The waves are not the ocean" -- which helps me to maintain for equanimity in the face of this life's ever-changing tides.

Re: Spiritual Gangster/Mantras

Dhiyanah
Love these mantras! One that I'm currently keeping close to me is "I am the love that I am," which I found on Pamela Aaralyn's YouTube. Rooted in that energy, I alternate between that and "I love the love that I am," and they help re-center me back in my true self. Meditating with these mantras has been so helpful and supportive for me during all the recent cosmic/energetic shifts and transformations <3
<3
@byDhiyanah

Re: Spiritual Gangster/Mantras

Kristina
YES! I also follow Lalah Delias content and I think this in my head when I am cutting out relationships or things in my life that dont serve me. In my head Im like "to get to the next level I need to get GANGSTA on  saying NO to people who add NO value to my life!!". Thinking and speaking in that way just really gets me into alignment with things fast.

As a woman doing things that society labels us as "bitches" for when we say no, have higher standards for ourselves, set boundaries, and just are not concerned with being "polite" I just remind myself this is my inner gangsta and I dont need to care what others think about it.
TAE

Re: Spiritual Gangster/Mantras

TAE
This touched me Heather. I also studied with Spring when I lived in Oakland and was ecstatic when I stumbled across her book a few months ago at B&N.

Re: Spiritual Gangster/Mantras

Maryam Hasnaa
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Spiritual Gangster/Mantras

Irene
Such gems! Thank you all very much for sharing.

...I will have to check out this brand! :)

xo

Re: Spiritual Gangster/Mantras

Genevieve
Love this! I myself have been more on the yin energy tip with my mantras because I carry so much masculine energy naturally and I've been purposely trying to balance that more..

Mine has been simply:

• allow • accept • release •
www.AscensionLifestyle.org
twitter.com/Phenomenality