She-Ra

JStar
Um...is anyone else watching She-Ra and thinking OMG this is so deep (and so cute!)

Re: She-Ra

Zoë
omg crazy that you mentioned this, synchronicity!! i just started yesterday! LOVE IT! working on raising the vibration of the media i consume so i've been exclusively watching she-ra and kipo and the age of wonderbeasts. i've also been visualizing changing my subconscious as an exciting hero's journey of sorts so seeing she-ra fight to restore the princess kingdoms is really resonating right now.

Re: She-Ra

JStar
Omg you have a journey ahead of you! When I first watched it I thought it was cute, funny and finally some melanin and variety of body shapes (though they can do much better esp w/ representing disabled folx) but then the story gets so deep with portals, crystal grids, all sorts of magic...but I will say no more about the story on case of spoliers!

Defo resonating, the idea of the fright zone as well and how they didn't know there was a world beyond it. How She-Ra's having to face the shadow of the previous She Ra and the hoard. Oh there's so much! <3 seeing ur life as a shero's journey sounds super empowering and fun!

Kipo is the BEST! That soundtrack tho. I can't. And all the different animals and shapeshifting! That show gets me emosh.

I'd love more hi vibe show reccs

Obv the last airbender (tho I wish the ending was different!), Hilda is pretty cool too with all the magical beings and magical contracts

Re: She-Ra

sameerah
yes yes KIPO is amazing! I also enjoyed She-Ra. I hear you on being mindful of media consumption. Moving Art is great if you're looking for something without dialogue.

The Hollow is interesting as well, especially in terms of thinking about the video game analogy Maryam has often mentioned.

personally, for a while now, I've been diving into books and novels and mostly watch my chromecast background shift between nature pics :)

Re: She-Ra

maryamkhawar
I finished the show a while ago, I found it to be really cute! Animated shows really speak to my inner child
Sending love, wherever you are

Re: She-Ra

julian.16
Steven Universe is also such an amazing cartoon that has all kinds of resonance with the teachings of this school. I recommend it to everyone, it's so wholesome and beautiful.

Re: She-Ra

sabrina
I just saw this trailer the other day! Looks so cute. I just watched The Dragon Prince and absolutely loved it. I thought Kipo looked good too