Poll - New Earth School Study Hall/Accountability Groups

Poll - New Earth School Study Hall/Accountability Groups

Irene
Hi Everyone!

I wanted to see if y’all were interested in trying a couple of new more focused threads in the forum to dive a little deeper into doing the work we’re learning in New Earth School.

(This idea was inspired by another classmate. Thank you to whoever in class suggested creating threads relating to each topic -- I don't remember who -- but shout out to you! <3)

Is there any interest in:

1. A workshop space for each topic we have covered in class
2. Accountability groups for specific goals/concepts (or books! I noticed someone ask about a specific book on the introduce yourself thread and I think that is a great idea!)
3. Both!

Here is the way I envision the workshop space:

-These would be called “Study Halls” :)

-There would be only one thread per topic (rather than one thread for each video), for example “Timeline Jumping Study Hall”

-Within “Timeline Jumping Study Hall” share your process/breakthroughs/successes/resources you have found etc. around the concepts we discussed in the two timeline jumping videos. For example I came up with a journaling strategy for “how to find your desired timeline” that I would love to share

-This is not so much a place to ask advice/do Q & A but more to expound upon how we are doing with what Hasnaa has taught

-Some concepts come up in multiple classes; I would say let’s not get too hung up on whether something applies to multiple threads as long as we stay mostly on track.

My vision for the accountability groups thread is:

-This is the place for advice and Q & A with each other :)

-On this thread, if you are interested in an accountability partner/group to focus in on certain topics:

1. Let’s keep this very short and sweet! Simply post a list of a few major topics/overall goals you are most interested in achieving throughout  this class
2. Provide your email or social media contact info.
3. Optional: Provide a link to your post in the wonderful “introduce yourself thread” (if you go to your post —> click the “More” link on the right hand side” —> click “permalink” I believe this will provide a link you can copy and paste
4. Scroll through the thread, find your like minded people and start connecting :)
5. You can all decide how you want to structure your accountability groups — whether you want it to be more of like a book club/discussion group, or a support group or a mastermind/ goal oriented group. I have some resources to share on mastermind groups I will post in the accountability thread if y’all decide you like this.

**Please feel free to also provide suggestions for what your vision of these spaces is as well — so happy to co-create! <3

Re: Poll - New Earth School Study Hall/Accountability Groups

Rhea
wow, this is a fantastic idea.
i know i personally would love the opportunity to follow up on our progress with these teachings as a group, as well as establish ongoing connections about each topic. you have my support in this!
warmth and peace to you

Re: Poll - New Earth School Study Hall/Accountability Groups

tamara
Irene - This is a wonderful idea. The study groups and accountability threads will be a great help in integrating what we learn in each class into our daily lives. I'm all in.

Re: Poll - New Earth School Study Hall/Accountability Groups

Hanna
This would be really helpful. I was thinking of how it could be useful to somehow review together and you outlined a great plan to do that.  Wonderful idea, I am definitely interested!

Re: Poll - New Earth School Study Hall/Accountability Groups

Jalissa
Wonderful idea!

Re: Poll - New Earth School Study Hall/Accountability Groups

Irene
Wonderful! Thanks for the support. I will set up the new threads with instructions sometime before the next class :)

Re: Poll - New Earth School Study Hall/Accountability Groups

Marissa
Irene, you do a really great job at organizing thoughts and info in your post! Love this idea, I'm in :)

Re: Poll - New Earth School Study Hall/Accountability Groups

Titilayo
I'm in!

Re: Poll - New Earth School Study Hall/Accountability Groups

Safia Dalila
I love this idea. I wonder if there is a way to appoint qualified leaders of each lesson. Not to control but guide the groups. If we could determine someone who does well with integrating a specific subject and have them as a leader I think that would help with keeping the threads organized as time goes on.

What do you guys think? Or do you think we should just keep them completely free formed without appointed leaders?

Re: Poll - New Earth School Study Hall/Accountability Groups

Rhea
personally i believe keeping them free-form would allow more flexibility with discussion! because there may be multiple people with the ability to integrate the lessons, and if we do not have appointed leaders i think there would be more encouragement to allow those different perspectives, if that makes sense. if we keep the layout originally provided, that could at least be enough to allow organization within specific topics while allowing whomever feels the call to take the reigns as needed. let me know what you all think!
warmth and peace to you

Re: Poll - New Earth School Study Hall/Accountability Groups

Safia Dalila
Makes sense :)

Re: Poll - New Earth School Study Hall/Accountability Groups

Danielle Nicole
Makes total sense to me!

Updates: Accountability Thread - Re: Poll - New Earth School Study Hall/Accountability Groups

Irene
Hi everyone! Since we are still doing a bit of organizing in the accountability thread, I am moving this update here. Let’s finalize the structure of the accountability groups here.

Keep in mind that the accountability group thread is an open thread of simply interests/goals and contact info. That way that is easy to see/scroll through. (p.s. if you are interested in an accountability group - please do add your email or contact info. so we can reach you easily! You can check out the thread instructions and add it here: http://new-earth-mystery-school.21095.n8.nabble.com/Accountability-Group-Thread-td183.html#none).

It sounds like there are a few categories/levels of engagement we’re interested in

1. Jenna suggested having active conversations on some of the topics Shai mentioned (thank you for organizing our interests, Shai!) in a group thread. Yes! Creating general topic/advice/Q&A threads in the forum would be perfect for that I think. A group thread about a certain topic, e.g. reiki, would be nice as a supplement to an accountability group/healing circle, and for some people who can’t commit to meeting regularly, it may be easier to *only* work with a group thread like that, rather than becoming part of the group.

2. Hanna suggested having a healing and learning circle, once a month. I think this is the perfect timing for such a group and not too much time passes in between, especially with some of us attending Hasnaa’s class bi-weekly. This could go topic by topic, perhaps choosing from the list Shai started and adding to it, or talking about whatever feels aligned that day. I like it.

3. I am interested in attaining specific goals, in meeting for support and for a group to hold me accountable to taking steps to make progress, and offering support in the same way in return. This is more along the lines of a mastermind/accountability group (may sound dry but they are actually very sparkly and empowering -- much like our new earth school class sessions! :D)

A group google hangout of everyone currently on the thread right now, as Shai and Hanna suggested, may be beneficial to start and then we can see once we determine our interests, how we'd like to go on, keeping in mind that as more than 10 people become interested we will want to allow them to be included by perhaps forming other smaller groups.

Please let me know your feedback!

Again if you are interested in joining a group in some way and still haven't left your contact info., please check the thread instructions and do so here: http://new-earth-mystery-school.21095.n8.nabble.com/Accountability-Group-Thread-td183.html#none

and once we figure it all out I will facilitate an initial email. Whew — Thanks for reading this long post!

p.s. missed y’all today I hope class was great!

Re: Updates: Accountability Thread - Re: Poll - New Earth School Study Hall/Accountability Groups

Irene
Hey Everyone!

I am sending out an email now to all who are on the accountability thread who would like to set up a virtual meeting. Talk to you all soon! :)

Irene

Re: Updates: Accountability Thread - Re: Poll - New Earth School Study Hall/Accountability Groups

Hanna
Hey Irene! Can you loop me in, I didn't post my contact - my email address is hredleaf@gmail.com

Thanks for starting it!

Re: Updates: Accountability Thread - Re: Poll - New Earth School Study Hall/Accountability Groups

Irene
Our first meeting date has been set :) Included Hanna and Jazmine! Check your emails and talk to y'all soon <3

Re: Updates: Accountability Thread - Re: Poll - New Earth School Study Hall/Accountability Groups

Irene
The meeting invite email has been sent out!