Poetry Writing Class

Maryam Hasnaa
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Poetry Writing Class

Dhiyanah
Yay! Thank you, Maryam. Welcome, Sukina <3

I've been really excited to share this particular piece with the community. I titled it 'Remember/Crystal Heart' for now. This was for the second prompt and I spent some time reworking the last stanza yesterday, after which I realize what came through in this poem reflected a dream I had early this year where a guide came to me and said 'Wake up, starchild.' I felt like the 'You' in this poem was addressing Source. I'm open to receive responses/thoughts/feedback - here's the poem:

On the day my eyes
cracked and the stardust
inside them poured
out of my vision,
You took an image of my Heart
and laid it in my hand in the form of
a crystal Quartz.

You said to me, "Once
upon a time, your heart
was stolen. Once upon a time,
you grew a new one out of
love, grace, and the mud of exile.
And it bloomed but you forgot
how it bloomed,
so mighty
like the Sun --

"So here, I give to
to this crystal heart
the echo of all your Heart beats
pulsing through the times. And now,
I give it to you, a reminder
you can not forget."

Awaken.
Awaken.

I heard You say, "You have the pulse of the Universe within you. Always."
---

Thank you for reading!

<3
@byDhiyanah

Re: Poetry Writing Class

Danielle
Welcome Sukina!

I was disappointed to miss your class live, but am so happy to participate presently.  The poems you presented are exactly what I needed.  Here is my ten minute inspiration.

The mind and body are famous
For holding the heart ransom.

For what does my heart truly yearn?
Would I even recognize its song?

So long encased
In the clay of my mind.
Hardened with my body’s fire.

You arrive.
Cracking open the cocoon.

Love bursts through
Crumbling the tomb to dust

Mind searches for understanding
Body tries to express in sensation

All falls short.

Desire quenches
Need to have
Subsides

Pressing insecurity revealed as lies.

Love always is
Will always be

No need to hold it
When it you become

Prayer poem:
She rises from my watery depths
Mother Moon
Speaking the unspeakable
Instilling stillness
Aligning in my line

Her warmth setting ablaze my core
Purging all
But the crystal clear essence
Of I Am.

When I release her
she dances
Light bursting from my crown
Wrapping me in her blanket of love.
My royal birthright.

Urging me to seek my nature
Giving as she gives
Loving fearlessly
Vulnerably

Becoming the pillar of radiance
She designed me to be.

Thank you so much for these exercises.
I would love to do more sharing in class. 💗

Love and light,
Danielle

Re: Poetry Writing Class

Hoda Essa
Hi All! I missed the initial class but was drawn to tear's watching the playback! I just wanted to express how full this class and community makes me feel. You all are such radiant gems! Here is my prayer poem that came to me during the replay of the class:

My azul heart has been pierce by you
My Love
I have unfolded for you.
Unraveled 40 ways, in you.
Dear God, I have been engulfed
By the flurry of your sound.
Heaven sings her tune
Like never before.
All the songs trace the roads
Of this eternal symphony
Summoned on the heels of a summer
From eons ago.
The sun shines - emitting radiance
The one from inside of me.
And now my days are drenched in wonder
Asking: How many facets of Gold
Can I hold in my mouth?
Can I be cracked further into your dwelling?
With these thoughts, I return
Enlivened
To my delicate space
The eternal place
and yearn for that benighted kiss
once more.

Can't wait to share more of these in future classes, xo! <3

:: be ::

Genevieve
:: be ::

warm summer winds
wind wisps of wisdom
curling tendrils of truth with
soft scents of yesterday..

tiny pieces of chloroform
dance with impending anxiety as
arctic tides shift through solstice and
again restlessness awakens..

eyes open into this chaos as
my center strives for balance
the monotony of time-elusive
tattoos wrinkles into my weary soul..

am i living for the dream
or dreaming to live..
in this conundrum of minutes and
meetings, how do i find me?

awake into the only true tangibility
grasp this slice of the time/space continuum
living out in front of myself
turns tomorrows into yesterdays..

warm summer winds
wind wisps of wisdom
curling tendrils of truth with
soft scents of today..

*inhale*

:: be ::

*exhale*
www.AscensionLifestyle.org
twitter.com/Phenomenality
twitter.com/AscensionStyle
Instagram.com/phenomenality.she
Instagram.com/AscensionLifestyle

:: ode to the beloved :: (prayer poem)

Genevieve
:: ode to the beloved ::

you exist in the hollows of my mind
deep within a crevasse of consciousness
little oracles dance about filtering molecules of your breath
through heart fibers, melding light with molten memories
birthing galaxies from the energy of our connection
i hunger for the infinite as i dream the infinite hungers for me
with the thought of you, my earth is saturated with heaven

:: ::
www.AscensionLifestyle.org
twitter.com/Phenomenality
twitter.com/AscensionStyle
Instagram.com/phenomenality.she
Instagram.com/AscensionLifestyle

:: universes cannot contain me :: (10 min inspiration)

Genevieve
the universes cannot contain me
they exist only within
not corralled within the vessel
not shackled to ego's wrists

the enveloping of all that was, is and
ever shall be...

inexplicible

loneliness is only a lack of words

glittering plumes of ether
an understanding only experienced by the heart

we needed the mind -
only to realize that the mind was never needed..

mind contained by body
body contained by soul
soul contained by love
love contained by the Beloved

but universes cannot contain me

::
www.AscensionLifestyle.org
twitter.com/Phenomenality
twitter.com/AscensionStyle
Instagram.com/phenomenality.she
Instagram.com/AscensionLifestyle

Instagram.com/phenomenality.she
Instagram.com/AscensionLifestyle

Re: Poetry Writing Class

Genevieve
loveeee this.. my favorite part:

Danielle W wrote

When I release her
she dances
Light bursting from my crown
Wrapping me in her blanket of love.
My royal birthright.

Urging me to seek my nature
Giving as she gives
Loving fearlessly
Vulnerably

Becoming the pillar of radiance
She designed me to be.
www.AscensionLifestyle.org
twitter.com/Phenomenality
twitter.com/AscensionStyle
Instagram.com/phenomenality.she
Instagram.com/AscensionLifestyle

Instagram.com/phenomenality.she
Instagram.com/AscensionLifestyle

Re: Poetry Writing Class

Danielle
Thank you.  In my haste I didn’t capitalize She and Her.

Re: :: ode to the beloved :: (prayer poem)

Danielle
I love the micro/macro cosmic play.  It’s a powerful visual to remember.

Re: Poetry Writing Class

Marissa
This class was so beautifully profound! All of the poems were so touching I was in tears. Thank you so much Sukina, this was the perfect medicine for me at this point in my journey. <3

***

Oh Beloved, show me your presence,
show me you beauty.
In conversations of you I often feel I am not enough
in my expression of your love.
How can I put into words that which is like a breeze on my skin?
Sensations of nuance and flow sweep though my being so quickly.
The art of subtlety is a dance we do together,
swaying back and forth with grace.

Re: Poetry Writing Class

Irene

Cool water, splashing on my bikinied body
inspires me
Cold, crisp carbonation on my tongue
inspires me
Cool, breezeless, still, summer night
inspires me
Feels like I’m walking in a womb
I might be
Is there a reason my
feet
feel called to slow down?
We might see

Re: Poetry Writing Class

Nneka
Welcome Sukina! I just participated in the class. It was so incredibly lovely.  I'm grateful for your presence. <3 A few of our poems I wrote for the first class exercise:

Look at how the wind holds the trees in its hands
the space between breath is where I find you.
carry me in your loving breath to the depths of my oceans.
cleanse me in your waters, release me from my fears.
all I have is you and
all I need is one.

~.~.~.

The mind and body are famous for holding the heart at ransom.
I long for the day the three play in tandem
Like children in an eternal dance of blissful remembrance for all that is and
all that will be
until they remember that they were never 3 in the first place
always one.
forever one.

~.~.~.

Me: "Take me away.  Take me away.  I don't belong here.  Take me back home."
Me: "Wherever I take you from the farthest lands to the depths of the ocean, to the bowels of your soul, you are there.  Dry your eyes, Dear, you are always home."

Thank you all for holding a space for me to share these. I'm so grateful <3

Re: Poetry Writing Class

dulcie
Hi!
I used to enjoy writing a lot, especially in shared spaces, being able to appreciate each other in communal wondering, which this space is in a lot of ways! I am grateful for that, for this resource of shared resonance. I would also love for this to bloom outwardly somehow, in whatever way it manifests. I’m not completely sure what I mean by that but also have a comforting feeling that it’s going to be.
Sometimes I feel like I don’t know how to write anymore, or worry that I can’t connect in that way since I experience things so differently than I used to...well maybe not necessarily but have a different paradigm to experience it in. Maybe this is too much rambling or maybe it will be relatable to someone that needs an extra push as well! But anyways I’m going to try and begin to share to see if that helps in continuing the flow. It’s kind of like a journal entry but also I think I am explaining that so I can excuse why it is “bad” in case people think it is. Lol brains
How can I give my heart out in these ways?
My heart cries
To be shared
Unhook its tendrils and kept secrets
Pour out like warm milk whispers
Soothing a insomatic stomach
Something to keep us company
When we forget that’s all there is
This life, this love tickles my bones
Alight just underneath the surface
Craving to radiate
Outward, upward, inward
A circular river that sways to a ripple
I want to bee a hip swish
Carving the air into a sensual swirl
The beauty of which is innocent
Not & is again, is always, never was not
Words sometimes seem to jumble in a way
That causes ache
But I suppose an aspirin must be inside of here,
Somewhere

Re: Poetry Writing Class

dulcie
Re-reading all your poems as well, and finding the unique beauty in each. Thank you for sharing your expression and lighting the way for more to do the same. ❤️

Re: Poetry Writing Class

dulcie
Yes! a grounding in my soul
Hairy, winding roots encircling the firstborn, fiery core
After collecting data from storm chasers
Tumbling in the wind
Feet are touching a foundation again
Magnetically embraced by electric heat
Gliding through thick, beautiful earth