Just wanted to share.

Jessica S.
Hey Friends!

Today I must've woken up in my confused timeline. Since I signed up to this community, I have been going back to the beginning of the classes. Of course starting with what I felt resonated the most with me. Since then I've watched emotional alchemy 1.0, timeline jumping 1 and 2, and Everything was making sense until I got to timeline jumping 2.0. I am aware that all this is a lot of information to digest at once for me but because I am so eager to learn I think I've entered an overload state which might be causing my confusion. But there isn't really much else for me to do at the moment. I have been meditating, recently got into doing breath work, and even started doing EFT (thank you maryam <3). Today I made myself aware of the fact that I want to start drawing inspiration from within. I've noticed that whenever I am inspired to do something (most times) it comes from an outside source and with all that is going on outside social media is the last place I want to be on, wayyyyy too much unnecessary information there.

Also, in the midst of watching timeline jumping 2.0, I kind of started missing my "old life" I guess. It feels like Ive isolated myself but its just that my tolerance for certain things isn't the same anymore, the less I know about a person the better. Its one of the ways i keep my peace. Im also ready for change (maybe is this moon in scorpio that has me acting this way but what do I know I don't really read up on stuff like that). Its like I want to stay connected but then I don't. What should I do?

Is there anyone in the NYC area that has a spiritual teacher they could recommend, i think its time I finally find one. (Wish I would have signed up sooner to submit my app for maryam but hopefully next time.)

And if you've made it this far thank you so much for listening smooches.
Peace & Blessings
Love, Jessica.

Re: Just wanted to share.

dulcie
Thank you for sharing Jessica. xx I don't have anything to say but <3 love and feel you!

Re: Just wanted to share.

Jessica S.
<3
Peace & Blessings
Love, Jessica.

Re: Just wanted to share.

Evelyn K
Hi Jessica!

Thank you for being open about your experiences <3 I want to affirm that you aren't alone in the post-class feelings of overwhelm. Like you, I've experienced that after a NEMS class, but spending time outdoors or laying down has helped me to calm my mind (and reconnect with my body + physical surroundings)

I know you recommended a spiritual teacher in the NYC area. I thought of Liana Naima (www.liananaima.com/about). Her specialty is Reiki energy work and isn't a formal spiritual teacher. I felt compelled to share about her, though. I've worked with her personally, and and found the interviews/articles (under "Publicity" on the page above) to be helpful resources.

Sending my warmth to you as you keep going on your path! <3

Re: Just wanted to share.

Jessica S.
Thank you so much love. I'm going to check her out . And yeaive been outdoors more lol I feel much better now. I've also been doing a lot of eft work and that has been a tremendous help. But thank you so much again <3
Peace & Blessings
Love, Jessica.

Re: Just wanted to share.

Greg
Hello Jessica.  Thank you so much for opening yourself up and sharing with us.

Take a look the Monju-Do Fellowship, which is lead by my Dharma brother and friend, Malik: http://www.mazenfellowship.com/

See if that resonates.  If not, I trust that it will lead you exactly where you need to go.

Peace and blessings,

Greg

Re: Just wanted to share.

Jessica S.
Thank you so much Greg 🙏🏿
Peace & Blessings
Love, Jessica.

Re: Just wanted to share.

Becky
Hi Jessica!

I am in TN, not NY, but since Liana Naima was recommended....I don't know her, but I follow her on twitter and from what I can see through that single lens, I think she's kind of a badass. There is that aphorism about when the student is ready, the teacher will appear. Another way to find a teacher in your area is to go attend spiritual type events. This is also a good way to find a supportive community for whatever practices you are going to be doing. A meditation retreat, a breathwork workshop, etc. Whatever practices you are drawn toward naturally.

FWIW, I also tend to watch 1-3 episodes over the course of a week or so, then take time to integrate, see what landed, what is bearing fruit. This is an important lesson I learned in yoga training, is that savasana is THE MOST important position -- this is true across many different schools of yoga. This is because in savasana, we integrate fully what we've practiced. It's the time of sustaining the neural nets we've built, sustaining/"solidifying" the changes to the energestic/subtle bodies (not that it's so much "solid" ha).

It sounds to me like you're incorporating some great healing and energy management/awareness practices.  One of my gifts from this board is the regular reminder to incorporate EFT (I tend to forget that one, so thanks for mentioning it). Happy seeking as you find what you need!

Sat nam,
Becky

Re: Just wanted to share.

Jessica S.
Thank you Becky for your insight. I've been holding up pretty well actually. I've managed to incorporate a routine in the mornings where I pray, do eft, do some shielding work and slightly meditate and it's all been so helpful. I've checked the people that have been recommended here and I dont know, they aren't really sticking to me at the moment. But I am in full faith that the first one will come.
Again thank you guys so much for your kind words and insight 💖
Peace & Blessings
Love, Jessica.