Headache after qigong ?

MoonSun
Wanted to start a thread on reactions/experiences with Qigong. My energy felt full and really good after trying the video today, but it also felt really strong, and in the minutes after, I ended up texting my roommates (in a very fair way) about some boundary stuff with chores and everyone participating...

But now in the 30 minutes after, my energy still feels huge but in a way that it's giving me a headache and I feel kind of sick.

What have your experiences been? Any thoughts on the headache/overwhelm of energy?

Re: Headache after qigong ?

Sarah
Oh wow, good work talking to your roommates!

I know there’s grounding built in to the qigong practice itself, but if you’re feeling off balance/pain, have you tried adding a little more grounding to the end of your practice?

I’m sure you know all the tricks...meditating and envisioning roots, eating something immediately after or even just drinking water (but especially root veggies, red things...my teacher swears by raisins!), watching a funny video...you can also envision all your energy centers all big and beautiful and radiant, and then call in assistance as you ask them to return to whatever level is most supportive for your normal daily functioning in this dimension.

I hope that helps...let me know how it goes!

Re: Headache after qigong ?

Matasuntha
Hi MoonSun,

I felt called to answer and recommend some remedies and possibilities to why you felt the way you did afterwards.

My best headache and nausea remedies have been diluted essential oils applied to the temples, behind the ear, the wrists, the lower torso (from below the heart chakra to the solar plexus and sacral chakra), and bottoms of the feet.
For the headache try Rosewood, Lavender, and Tea Tree/Peppermint applied to the first 3 points listed above.
For the nausea I'd recommend peppermint essential oil diluted 1 drop to 20 drops of your fave carrier oil applied to all 5 points listed above.

I think your body is getting used to the flow and releasing blockages that you may not have noticed previously. Sometimes the blockages take the form of toxins and choose a place in the body to sit and stagnate. When you lift them from the hiding spots and move to fully release them from your subtle body layers they may try to remain and find another place in your body to stay, causing discomfort. If you've ever done pumping with a Soma therapist or an Osteopath, this is why you may feel uncomfortable or nauseous after a session. It's just the body getting out what is not meant to be there.

The reprogramming process that Maryam covers in the Raising Your Vibration lesson is a great way to work on the internal release as you practice the physical clearing and healing of these programs through Qi Gong (Tai Chi, Massage Therapy, Yoga Stetching, etc.).

P.S. Everybody needs boundaries! Setting and enforcing them can be tough, but the feeling of having a clear sense of your boundaries and the self-empowerment to stand in that perfect space you have created is a love letter to your Higher Self.

Matasuntha <3

Re: Headache after qigong ?

Trisha Koa Nour
Hey there! For me I've found headaches/pressure after any type of energy work is clearing of stagnant energy or toxins in the body. Water helps to flush it out and also just slowing down for a while, being out in nature, being barefoot on the earth. I also visualize allowing my crown chakra to open and expand.

Dark chocolate helps with grounding.
Also episom salt baths.
And lavender and eucalyptus essential oils are great for headaches.

With qigong and other types of energy work (reiki, sound, acupuncture, etc) I have experienced extreme highs and lows as stuck emotions come up to clear. As well as headaches and other "random' body aches.

A big lesson I've learned is to sit with the 'overwhelming energy' that's coming up and ask it what it wants to say to me or show me, and where  it's coming from, instead of rushing to try to 'fix it'.

Sending love!

Trisha

Re: Headache after qigong ?

MoonSun