Feeling 'Other'

Tam

Feeling 'Other'

Tam
Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I've been on a spiritual journey and faithfully favoriting Maryam's content for years now :). I've been feeling a bit low energetically lately, as similar themes of being rejected for being my fully open and loving self, or being taken advantage of resurface. I'm sure it's related to energy around boundaries/discernment that I need to sit down and process, but I was curious if you all sometimes get the feeling of being a very, very light soul in an extremely heavy environment.

Really strict boundaries and overall defensiveness just do not come naturally to me, and I'm always trying to reconcile my innate 'love everyone, give everyone space to be themselves, take what you need or we can just share' energy with "reality".

When something happens and the low energy hits me, I feel very heavy and extremely sad. I basically feel like this whole human thing is just not where I belong. It's quite a lonely feeling.

I just wanted to see if anyone feels like this sometimes. Or, if this is just me not clearing what I need to clear, maybe some of you have tips on how to go about it. Would love to hear your perspectives!

-Tam

Re: Feeling 'Other'

Tiffany
Hi love,

I understand what you’re feeling because I feel it sometimes also. My true self is light, kind, calm - a lot of feminine energy and that doesn’t really go well with the environment I’m in. I had a lot of trouble with setting boundaries. It took time and I’m a little better with it now.

I spoke to my energy healer about this “low” feeling and she said to just let it come up, honor it and let it go. Sometimes when I’m feeling low I need something - food, water, time alone, rest etc. sticking to my spiritual practice helps a lot also (prayer, meditation, journaling)

Re: Feeling 'Other'

Felisha Nicole
Hello Tam,

Welcome. I resonate deeply with the experience of feeling lonely/other while being light/love within spaces or around people in contrast to what I feel/desire to experience. I ground myself with affirmations, smudging, or prayer/meditation before leaving home to bypass "the fall" I tend to experience in the midst of heavy energy.

I use every experience (insecurity, rejection, boundaries, discernment) as an opportunity to practice our knowledge here in NEMS, if I'm too overwhelmed, I simply use those moments to breathe, notice my breath, sync into the moment and step outside of the feeling to allow/observe it move through the experience.

No matter the outcome, I also use experiences as an opportunity to be really-really self-compassionate, loving, and affirmative towards myself (self-parenting). I hope this offers some solace and confirmation you are not alone. Peace.
Tam

Re: Feeling 'Other'

Tam
Thank you so much for your responses, ladies. It really helps to know I'm not alone, and that there are good methods for simply allowing the feelings to pass through. I'll definitely be using your tips going forward.

<3