Entertainment? Shows? Movies?

Kristina
Hi everyone I am simply asking for suggestions on high vibrational entertainment. Are there any shows and movies out there that are not layered up with illusions, patriarchy and colonialism? I want to watch things that are simply entertaining, they can be funny, interesting, have good story lines, and I feel good afterwards. Please post suggestions! I would super appreciate.

Re: Entertainment? Shows? Movies?

Hanna
Hi Kristina. Touche, I've been meaning to write on this for the longest too - there was a period where I just needed a lot of rest and to veg out, and it took some work to find media content that actually made me feel relaxed while watching and not on the defense. I love the idea of creating a "high vibrational media list" that we can continually add to :) I'll post my favorites so far below:

Gaia.com has wonderful documentaries and films on anything from consciousness and high vibrational self-help content, to channeling and the paranormal. You can watch for 1 month free.

Films:
La belle verte - a beautiful comedy
The Matrix
Waking Life
Defending your life
Ghost town
Cloud Atlas
Arrival
Star Wars:The Last Jedi - the force is within you!
K-Pax
Conversations with God
The Life of Pi
Moana <3
Happy
The Celestine Prophecy
Revolver

Shows:
These aren't as conscious but if you watch with a more spiritual lense and ignore the ignorance you may find them as enjoyable as I have - stranger things, the good place

hope you enjoy, looking forward to others!

Re: Entertainment? Shows? Movies?

Tiffany
Hi Kristina,

It’s funny you post this because I am becoming tired of tv. I’m guilty of indulging in some reality tv - kardashians. After I saw a preview of the new season where Kim insulted her sister Kourtney I said no I can’t watch this anymore.

Thank you Hanna, I will definitely check these out

Re: Entertainment? Shows? Movies?

Nneka
Hi! I had recently watched the latest season of Westworld on HBO and I found it opening up questions for me about what it means to be human, consciousness, experiencing emotions, and thoughts on sentient and non sentient beings. It might be an interesting show to watch especially after learning what we have from the Mystery School.

I also LOVE Moana ♥️ :)

Re: Entertainment? Shows? Movies?

Sarah
This is so my jam!!

TV shows are hard to find. I found myself watching the original series of Star Trek, and it’s delightful! And so campy and kitschy that I’m better able to remember it’s all pretend ;) Now I’m on Next Generation and it’s charming, too. I read somewhere it was a series trope that none of the crew members have standing disagreements with each other...it’s amazing to watch people just get along and support each other and show up for each other, even when they’re facing challenges!

Re: Entertainment? Shows? Movies?

Hanna
I forgot to include my favorites! they're youtube channels mainly doing channelings and discussing consciousness/metaphysics - Alison and Karis Shiny Show and Channeling Erik, and of course, Pamela Aaralyns weekly channeling as well

Re: Entertainment? Shows? Movies?

Jenna Dorce
Sense 8 and The Travelers on Netflix are pretty good. And the Morgan Freeman hosted show on God, I'm not sure what channel it comes on but it does an incredible job of exploring how different peoples/cultures interpret their interactions with God. Ancient Aliens is always on reserve lol!

Re: Entertainment? Shows? Movies?

Jenna Dorce
The Morgan Freeman show is called The Story of God.

Re: Entertainment? Shows? Movies?

Jenna Dorce
Star Trek is the best go to when I run of shows to watch. Which is terrible (on my part lol) because I watch a lot of TV for work/pleasure. Enterprise was great, storywise but the show itself is kind of stale, I'm on Deep Space 9, had to give Next Generation a break.

Re: Entertainment? Shows? Movies?

Kristina
Hi thank you everyone for suggestions!! I have been finding that youtube is a great place for finding random good stuff too and if anyone has more youtube suggestions thats great too. Several of you mentioned star trek, Im surprised I dont know much about what star trek is about but Im curious now. Oh and someone mentioned Moana, I love that movie too!! My inner little girl was so thrilled when I watched it and I cried too. Recently the show Insecure came back for another season and I will say there are a lot of low vibrational relationship dynamics but I feel so drawn to the show bc it stars two black women and it always leads me to have a ton of self reflection later on relationships, boundaries, culture, dating, life stuff.

Re: Entertainment? Shows? Movies?

Maryam Hasnaa
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Entertainment? Shows? Movies?

Genevieve
Just watched a very interesting documentary on Netflix "The Most Unknown".... https://video.vice.com/en_us/video/the-most-unknown-documentarytrailer/5a870c84f1cdb32e98242951

9 different sciences attempting to coalesce to understand the deepest spiritual questions, lol..

www.AscensionLifestyle.org
twitter.com/Phenomenality
twitter.com/AscensionStyle
Instagram.com/phenomenality.she
Instagram.com/AscensionLifestyle

Re: Entertainment? Shows? Movies?

anamaria
Random Acts of Flyness--Terence Nance! I only caught the first episode, but it's completely original and bold in its vision.

Re: Entertainment? Shows? Movies?

anamaria
As a writer for this space (film/TV), I'm interested in telling stories that give voice to characters whose voices have been ignored and silenced. One of my favorite TV shows is THE CHI (Showtime), created by Lena Waithe. There is truth and humanity happening in everything she sets her hand to. LOVE IS (OWN Network) is another show created by Mara Brock Akil and her husband Salim Akil about their real life relationship of 20+ years. There something very pure about it, and it explores love beyond merely romantic ideals. What it is to love someone, how we stand in our truth when situations test it.