Emotional Alchemy Study Hall

Irene
This post was updated on .
Welcome to study hall! :)

This is a space to share what you are working on related to emotional alchemy, in the hopes that what you share may be a key for someone else going through the same thing.

Within “Emotional Alchemy Study Hall” share your processes/successes/journaling strategies/resources you have found etc. around the concepts we discussed in the two emotional alchemy videos.

This is not so much a place to ask advice/do Q & A (there will be availability for that in class and in any accountability groups formed!) but more to expound upon how we are doing with what Hasnaa has taught. Feel free to ask clarification questions on what is posted here though.

I think it will best to keep things short and sweet here. It may help to organize/separate your posts so that each new technique you are sharing is a new reply on this thread (rather than putting everything you have discovered for emotional alchemy into one long post).

Some topics come up in multiple classes; I would say let’s not get too hung up on whether something applies to multiple threads as long as we stay mostly on topic.

Looking forward to learning and sharing with you all!

Re: Emotional Alchemy Study Hall

Tarolyn Elder
Hello Everyone,

For me releasing stagnant emotions was the foundation for everything else Maryam has taught us in class. Honestly at times I didn't know what I was feeling or what emotions wanted to be released. So naturally the Breathwork Technique taught by Erin Telford was AMAZING. It totally bypassed the mind/ego and went straight into the heart center. Ive immediately noticed a change in my beliefs, thoughts and feelings over the last month. I've dealt with depression and I am pretty sure it's due to stuck emotions.

EFT was also just as amazing. And there are so many YouTube videos for EFT for all kinds of topics. I absolutely love it and find myself tapping on my thymus to calm anxiety before it escalates to depression or sadness.

I've also recently received a message from my higher self that supporting my body to release emotion can really help make major shifts and tender with emotional alchemy techniques. So I am trying all kinds of bodywork. Today I went to a chiropractor and received a 90 min massage- AND BLISS! It makes sense to release tension and support the body on a physical level as I would do on an energetic /spiritual level. I'll be going to the chiropractor, massages, acupuncture/cupping periodically to further support this energy work. Let me know if anyone else has gotten the idea. :)

Re: Emotional Alchemy Study Hall

tamara
I rewatched the Emotional Alchemy 1.0 class over the weekend and was reminded how great EFT is. I was feeling anxiety about a purchase I wasn't sure about. I tapped and it helped to uncover the underlying cause of my anxiety. It wasn't about the purchase at all. By the end of my tappingood session, all the anxiety was gone. You're right, it really is amazing.

I've been using a lot of sound healing too. YouTube has so many great 432 hz and 528 hz videos. When I've feeling a bit off (without really knowing why) those sounds help me get back to my home frequency.

Taking walks always help boost my mood. I spend my work day at a desk, but I always trying to go outside everyday for at least 20 minutes to just walk. I like to do walking meditations too.

I've also been trying to incorporate more body work into my self-care. I want to start regularly doing qi gong and yoga again (I fell off during the Holidays). There's a Bikram Yoga studio near me that I'm going to try out. I want to add regular acupuncture and reflexology sessions to my schedule too. If you have a Groupon in your area, it's great for  finding deals for spa and wellness centers.

Re: Emotional Alchemy Study Hall

Irene
Lovely! Tapping has been incredible for me as well...I've known about it for a few years but didn't actually try it until the class. Each time I do it I come out on the other side with a breakthrough and/or some guidance. A few weeks ago I went from almost crying missing the bus home from work, to laughing hysterically at the cosmic joke that is my job (I work at a RECREATION office...my job is writing CONTRACTS...lol guides ty for that insight in my moment of despair). All through tapping. Love it. <3

Re: Emotional Alchemy Study Hall

tamara
I purchased Erin Telford's Working With Anger Guided Breadwork / Meditation from her website shortly after the 2.0 class, but I didn't actually do the session until last night. It was nothing short of transformative. I have never felt my body vibrate in such a way. There were tears as so much stagnant energy was released. Emotions I had long buried came to the surface. I was able to feel and transmute them. Afterwards I had the best sleep I've experience in awhile. I highly recommend buying the session. It's very inexpensive at only $13. You can find it here: http://erintelford.com/shop/

It was difficult at first to do such deep breathing for an extended period of time (about 35 minutes of breathing and 10 minutes of relaxation after), but once you get into a rhythm it flows. Breathwork will definitely become a regular part of my routine.

Re: Emotional Alchemy Study Hall

Tarolyn Elder
Tamara,

YES. I also purchased Erin's Anger meditation... no words can really express how much this one helped me. So many emotions came up for me too, I was balling my eyes out too. And the work continued in my dream state. I had a really powerful dream where a lot of karma was released. I woke up crying from that dream. So thankful I'm able to feel in a safe space. Every time I do a breathwork session I feel like I am being hugged by the Divine. It is challenging to do that active breath extendedly but I just try to hold compassion for what I can do. I'm sure with time it will be easier for me to feel that and continue.

I'm so happy you had such a great experience with breathwork!! Please keep us updated and keep going..

Re: Emotional Alchemy Study Hall

Tarolyn Elder
Irene,

I know how that feels with bus situation, 😖 there were so many times I felt like that!! I'm glad it helped you!! The first few times were a lot for me. I've also been hearing the phrase "re-writing contracts" and it's so timely especially at the beginning of the year and I feel as we clear emotions we are also clearing karma which also clears our karmic contracts and into our dharmic contracts.
I actually saw Maryam post a YouTube video of a Brad Yates maybe a year ago and I watched it did the talking but didn't even realize what it was at the time lol.

Re: Emotional Alchemy Study Hall

tamara
Tarolyn - It really was the most amazing experience. Words can hardly convey the feeling. I felt so much love and was high on life afterwards. I like her Erin said to do something creative after the session. I'm a writer and also like to paint. I think an added bonus will be my creativity kicked into high gear.

Re: Emotional Alchemy Study Hall

melody
hey guys!

In regards to emotional alchemy, I've really been practicing asking myself where an emotion came from, whether it be anger, sadness, anxiousness, etc. By separating emotion from my being , I've learned to have patience and understanding. Many times when I feel anger it doesn't belong to me and I have to do some breath work or tap to relax and release. I also have found that being in nature really allows me to ground. When I go on hikes I take my journal with me and once I reach the peak of the hike, I sit on grass/dirt/agaisnt trees.. and really allow myself to take it all in, allowing myself to be present. In my journal, I write any emotions I've been harboring and give a reason why I believe I feel that way.. does this emotion belong to me, or someone else? I proceed to write emotion/reason/ and what I feel I can do to transmute that energy.. I also include what triggered me to feel that way, what I learned from that emotion, and asking myself if reacting to that emotion is going to change anything(better or worsen situation). I've noticed after I journal, I feel way better and thank the emotions, life's lessons for being amazing teachers.

P.S. journaling >>>>> venting

Re: Emotional Alchemy Study Hall

Irene
Tarolyn - I appreciate your understanding <3 Yes, I'm excited to look more into karmic contracts and writing fresh new ones, I feel there is a lot there that resonates for me. I will have to check out Brad Yates, thanks for the tip!

Melody - journaling > venting preach!!!