Dancing!

Binta
Hi Community! I love yall so much and thank you to everyone who gives their uniqueness to this space. Dance has come up for me as a supportive tool to ground and to move energy out when needed. Im using Steezy Studio https://www.steezy.co/ which is hip hop and house based. You can do a membership or get in on their free classes every week when you subscribe.

Also, my organization has partnered with Boss Chick dance workout to do virtual twerk outs for our youth, board and community! The next one is April 6 and its open to friends and family so I'm inviting all yall! The name might be a bit binary but the space is beautifully judgement free. https://photos.app.goo.gl/92Ei2f3RBWEwtuDp7

I'm still lookong for an african dance class, belly danding, and potentially a bachata class so if you have links please drop them.

Love on love on love

-Binta

Re: Dancing!

Mónica Mandujano
Aw, Binta, thanks so much for this <3. Dancing is so healing, you're right.

Are you in the bay area? Shabnam Dance Studio in Oakland is amazing. Some of her classes have gone virtual as well!

http://shabnamdancecompany.com/

Re: Dancing!

Binta
Hi Monica! Thank you for the link, I'm in Charlotte, NC, but I will check out the online class. 🌺

Re: Dancing!

kelsie
Thank you for the recs! Dance is my absolute favorite and has been an essential healing practice for me <3

Re: Dancing!

Aisha
Cumbe Dance In Brooklyn has been offering classes online and may have some African dance coming up:

https://cumbedance.org/adult-class-schedule

Re: Dancing!

Tenika
Thanks for sharing Binta 🙏💜also check out online classes from Ailey Extension check out their IG page https://instagram.com/aileyextension?igshid=167hnq7qyq0mp