Chronic psychosomatic pain recommendations?

Chronic psychosomatic pain recommendations?

CierraMadison
Peace community!

I'm wondering if anyone may have recommendations for practices or practicioners for chronic tension/pain in my head, neck, shoulders, upper back, & jaw? I often get headaches & feel my jaw clenching almost uncontrollably. When I notice it, I intentionally relax but that honestly never lasts. It feels psychosomatic and related to anxiety but I feel this tension even when there's absolutely nothing to presently be anxious about.

I've done accupuncture & massages as well as lots of at-home practices to momentarily bring me to a state of calm, but it all feels very temporary and I refuse to keep living like this! I've done some addressing and clearing of traumas in the past few years and more recently, but I don't know what could be the exact root of this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 🙏🏽 Much love,

Cierra

Re: Chronic psychosomatic pain recommendations?

SaraS
Have you tried ThetaHealing?

http://new-earth-mystery-school.21095.n8.nabble.com/Chronic-psychosomatic-pain-recommendations-tp2635.html
To unsubscribe from New Earth Mystery School, click here.
NAML

Re: Chronic psychosomatic pain recommendations?

CierraMadison
Hi Sara!

This is my first time hearing of that. I will look into it. Thank you!

Re: Chronic psychosomatic pain recommendations?

Marissa
Hi Cierra!

Have you tried cranial sacral therapy? I suffered from migraines/bad headaches with some chronic pain flare ups in my neck and shoulders. after just one session. I don’t really get headaches anymore and the neck pain gradually disappeared within a week or two. My therapist gave me a lot of insight on the way I run energy in my body along with my elemental/planetary composition. I guess since my throat chakra had been so tight most of my life, it started to manifest as tightness in the muscles of my neck and then that spiraled into my chronic pain.

I don’t know where you’re located, but my CST is in LA and I’m happy to give you her contact info. She does some virtual types of offerings too.

Hope this helps!

Re: Chronic psychosomatic pain recommendations?

irireza
I would love and appreciate the contact info of your CST.

Re: Chronic psychosomatic pain recommendations?

CierraMadison
Marissa, thanks so much for this recommendation! That makes a lot of sense and sounds similar to what I'm working through. I have heard of CST before but forgot it was even a thing. Im in Austin & I'm sure there are practitioners here so I'll be looking into that. Thanks again!

Re: Chronic psychosomatic pain recommendations?

Becky
I would suggest anything that moves the body -- dance, yoga, qi gong, etc. Our muscles can hold tensions from our emotions (even old ones)...I practice kundalini yoga and things like body drops, pumping/shaking, etc., can help us release. Even a vigorous workout. I personally think it helps to move the body with intentionality -- not so much "I am releasing this neck tension," but more general "I am able to release what no longer serves me."

Really strong breathwork might be something else to try (Erin Telford is in one of the community meetings). I have had tension-pain leave after a breathwork session.

Have you been to a chiropractor to rule out that you could have a minor misalignment?

I wish you perseverance and patience as you work to get to the root of what your body is trying to tell you.

And as I type this, another crazy suggestion springs to mind: offer gratitude for the pain. It's something I was introduced to via buddhist meditation (primarily for emotional pain, but the meditation also addresses the physical aspect). You see if you can experience the pain as sensation (vs. judging it as pain). You know the sensation can't stay forever, because everything is impermanent, so you thank it for being there and invite it to stay longer. Invite it to stay as long as is needed to teach you what you need to learn about patience and/or acceptance and/or whatever else you need to learn (not for wimps - ha!).

Wishing you rich exploration,
Becky

Re: Chronic psychosomatic pain recommendations?

CierraMadison
Becky, so many great recommendations to try. Invite the pain to stay longer huh? Haha I can get with leaning into the experience. That's solid advice. I appreciate you!!

Re: Chronic psychosomatic pain recommendations?

Catherine Hamilton
This post was updated on .
CST is very effective! I also work with a kinesiologist. You can probably find someone practising near you.  My friend Luke Mullen who introduced me to kinesiology is based here in London, but also offers 1-1 and group TRE (Trauma/Tension Release Exercises) classes and would bring his kinesiology training into it. This is his website: https://balancedbodyvibrantmind.com/. He also has weekly group TRE classes on Zoom at only £10, or pay what you can, but I would need to check if there are spaces available for these.

Re: Chronic psychosomatic pain recommendations?

Morgan
I’ve been having issues surrounding jaw pain! It’s getting worst ..I’m trying to soften the way i hold my face . I do grind my teeth but it feels as if it may be systematic to some type of download. It’s sooo painful so very painful

So sorry I missed this earlier @irireza! Here's the website for my CST: https://www.atmalivpriya.com/