Book Thread.

Brittany

As promised this is just a book thread for all of us to share literature works that relate to the New Earth School class topics or anything you happen to be resonating with at the moment. Feel free to post a little info or the subject matter (if you'd like) to give others insight on what the books you're sharing are about. Also feel free to ask for any suggestions on books surrounding a certain subject that you're interested in and may not know where to start. Let's be a resource for one another :) I'll start off with the book that I spoke about earlier that relates to energy work and regeneration in the body. Happy reading, loved ones!

The Body Electric by Robert O. Becker, M.D., and Gary Selden
 - A look into regeneration/healing in relationship to electric currents in all living things including our
   bioelectric selves. I just started reading this particular book myself so I don't have much insight just
   yet, but it has been really good so far. Super nerdy, just like I like it lol.
Bringers of the Dawn: Teaching for the Pleiadians by Barbara Marciniak
 - This book is basically a reminder of how we are all members of this family of light and through
   remembering who we are and what we came here to do we will be able to consciously create a new
   reality alongside our tribe/soul family/however you choose to label that personal collective.
Fuck It Therapy by John C. Parkin
 - Self explanatory lol. Shares how having a "fuck it" attitude can be beneficial in certain circumstances.
   A very light and humorous read for people that tend to over analyze and overthink like I do at times.
Lilith: Healing the Wild by Tom Jacobs
 - Shares the story behind the archetype Lilith as well as how healing this part of ourselves helps in aiding
    the healing between our masculine and feminine energies.
How to Create a Mind by Ray Kurzweil
 - Takes a deeper look into the makings of the mind and the future of our minds through neuroscience
    research, ongoing artificial intelligence, and experiments.

Re: Book Thread.

Irene
Love it!! To continue...

THE FOUR AGREEMENTS BY MIGUEL RUIZ
A highly meditative book on four life philosophies that can bring inner peace. I read this 5 or 6 times during a long airplane trip and got something different out of it each time. It brought me calm and a sense of empowerment.

BIG MAGIC BY ELIZABETH GILBERT
A memoir-like guidebook for working with (rather than against) your creativity. Elizabeth Gilbert is so fun, insightful and unapologetic. This book is super uplifting. A good morning read.

THE LANGUAGE OF EMOTIONS BY KARLA MCLAREN
This literally goes through each of the basic emotions and describes them and uses a creative visualization technique for working with them. This was really great for me for shadow work as I awakened to my spiritual journey.

Also a random fun idea: My friend and I went to a local bookstore, to the self-help/spirituality section and just browsed for a book that called to us the most. That was how I found the emotions book. It may be a fun thing for you and a like minded spiritual friend to do!

Re: Book Thread.

tamara
Great thread. I love discovering new books to read. My focus as of late has been natural healing, Traditional Chinese Medicine, and the Archangels. These are the books I'm either currently reading or will be reading soon:

Medical Medium: Secrets Behind Chronic and Mystery Illness and How to Finally Heal by Anthony William
Anthony William, the one and only Medical Medium, has helped tens of thousands of people heal from ailments that have been misdiagnosed or ineffectively treated or that doctors can’t resolve. He’s done this by listening to a divine voice that literally speaks into his ear, telling him what lies at the root of people’s pain or illness and what they need to do to restore their health. His methods achieve spectacular results, even for those who have spent years and many thousands of dollars on all forms of medicine before turning to him. Now, in this revolutionary book, he opens the door to all he has learned in over 25 years of bringing people’s lives back: a massive amount of healing information, much of which science won’t discover for decades, and most of which has never appeared anywhere before.

World of Archangels by Sufian Chaudhary
World of Archangels is a spiritual masterpiece designed by Archangel Uriel that retraces the self-realization process that allows you to interact with some of the most influential Beings in this Universe. Regardless of who you are, where you come from or what you are doing, this book contains Universal principles that will redefine your spiritual life. The book is filled with Enlightening meditations, Ancient wisdom and uplifting stories of ethereal encounters with the other side. Whether you are a beginner in this field or an old soul wiser than the day, World of Archangels will help you achieve the next level of your spiritual journey.

The Sophia Code: A Living Transmission from The Sophia Dragon Tribe by Kaia Ra
A declaration of your sovereign divinity, The Sophia Code is a visionary ­sacred text for the Divine Feminine Christ movement sweeping the planet now. This book is a living transmission encoded with direct revelations to activate your important role as a revolutionary wayshower for humanity’s ­awakening.

The Web That Has No Weaver: Understanding Chinese Medicine by Ted J Kaptchuk
Chinese medicine is a healing art that has survived and continues to thrive in East Asia and is increasingly becoming a global resource. The Web That Has No Weaver is the classic English language introductory text that explains how medicine so rooted the archaic past can be relevant to modern health care. The book demystifies the worldview of Chinese medicine. Yin and yang, dampness and wind are easily comprehended. The Web lets the reader see, feel and discover aspects of illness that modern biomedicine overlooks or cannot even understand. The use of acupuncture and herbal medicine to regain harmony and balance is explained. The book is both accessible and scholarly and also incorporates the viewpoint of modern science.

I've also been listening to audio books lately through Audible. The Great Courses has many fascinating audio lectures from scholars about ancient religious texts. Right now I'm listening to:

The Apocryphal Jesus
The New Testament gives us 27 canonical texts - gospels, letters, and more - but these works are only a tiny fraction of the many volumes written about the life of Jesus, his family, and the apostles. This alternative body of literature falls under the category of "apocrypha", which means "hidden" or "secret", and it offers fascinating insights into the early Christian world.

Mystical Tradition: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam
Each of the great three Abrahamic religious traditions holds the seeds for deep mystical contemplation. But what do most of us know about these mystics and the tradition they sustained? Explore this spiritual, literary, and intellectual heritage in these great faiths of the West as it unfolds over three millennia with these 36 enlightening, thought-provoking lectures that offer nearly unprecedented access to these seldom-studied traditions.

Re: Book Thread.

Mia Redzic
Tao: The Watercourse Way - Alan Watts

Alan Watts is absolutely one of my favorites. In this short book, he discusses the many fundamental values and principles of both Taoism and Zen Buddhism that I think is highly relevant to learning to let go and being in this state of flow that allows miracles to happen in your every day life.

The Highly Sensitive Person: How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms You (also, see The Highly Sensitive Person in Love) Elaine N. Aron

The Highly Sensitive Person series of books that Aron has written, I think, is extremely applicable and will resonate deeply with many of us in the forum, since so many people identify as a healer, energy worker, Empath, or just an overall sensitive person.

Re: Book Thread.

Tammi
Currently I am reading,
OSHO
  Love, Freedom, and Aloneness: A New Vision of Relating

His writings/teachings/perspective is so insightful. It just opens up a place of understanding within you.
So soul refreshing.
What I really took away from this book was about relating over relationship.

Im still in the process of reading,
OSHO
  The Book of Understanding: Creating your Own Path to Freedom

And I just finished,
Asa Soltan
  Golden: Empowering Rituals to Conjure your Inner Priestess

Re: Book Thread.

Safia Dalila
I’m currently reading “The Wisdom of Love: Toward a Shared Inner” Life by Jacob Needleman.

It’s a great book so far! It speaks about the underlying philosophies that most spiritual traditions have towards love and partnership and how that contrasts with modern society’s approach to love. The book mainly addresses romantic love, but can easily be applied to all types of relationships.

I had no idea what to expect when I picked it up. It’s been very refreshing though :)

Re: Book Thread.

Raana
Thanks for this thread, can’t wait to dive in. In case anyone is interested ‘Bringers of the dawn’ is available on YouTube.

Re: Book Thread.

Cristal Moris
I just finished last week
The Obstacle is the way and now I'm reading a return to love and this book is just right on time with the messages I'm reading on it. I definitely recommend them both.

I will share a whole list of the books I have read in total if anyone is interested.

Re: Book Thread.

Felicia D
Thank you for starting this thread!  Here are two that I am reading that have brought me profound understanding.

Women Who Run with the Wolves, by Clarissa Pinkola Estés
This is Dr. Pinkola-Estés critical collection exploring the Wild Woman archetype through myths and legends. It is one of the greatest books I have ever read; I sent copies to as many of my women friends as I could afford to.

Power vs. Force, by David R. Hawkins
Maryam has touched on Hawkins' Scale of Consciousness, where the lowest level is Shame and the highest, Enlightenment.  This is the first book in a series of his; including Letting Go; The Eye of the I; and more.  I can't even explain what it's about but I think it will be relevant to most of us.

Grateful to be a part of this community.

Re: Book Thread.

tamara
I've been wanting to read "Women Who Run with the Wolves" for awhile. I read the introduction a few months back, and that small piece resonated with me deeply. I may need to add it to the top of my "to read" list. Thanks for the recs!

Re: Book Thread.

Emma
Right now, I'm reading

* The Three Waves of Volunteers and the New Earth by Dolores Cannon. She's writing about what she's discovered over 40 years of past life regression with clients from around the world and the three waves of spirits coming to the earth for the upcoming transition. This book really resonates with me.

Also recommended

* The Starseed Transmissions by Ken Carey. At first I didn't think it related to me, I think my ego was terrified I'd find out the truth, so I would forget it as soon as I read it! I'm going to read it again after I finish the Dolores Cannon book.

* The Promise of Energy Psychology by David Feinstein, Donna Eden, and Gary Craig. Gary is the one who popularized EFT/Tapping and Donna has been teaching energy work for many years.

Re: Book Thread.

Safia Dalila
Does anyone have any good recommendations for books on sacred geometry? I’ve learned about it very briefly when studying Islamic history, but I’d love some more in-depth texts.

Re: Book Thread.

Rhea
@safia i haven't finished it but there's a text called "seven keys to creation: sacred geometry and the patterns of life" by robert j gilbert that might be helpful!
warmth and peace to you

Re: Book Thread.

Rhea
some resources from my journey

"we are the ones we have been waiting for: inner light in a time of darkness" by alice walker, so much love in this book

"what the buddha taught" by walpola rahula, this is the book that really began my awakening

"the elements of the goddess" by caitlin matthews

"integral yoga: the yoga sutras of patanjali" translated by sri swami satchidananda

"studies of the human aura" by kuthumi, currently reading this and it is super informative

"kryon: the twelve layers of dna" this. book. is. fascinating.
warmth and peace to you

Re: Book Thread.

Safia Dalila
Thanks Aneesah!

Re: Book Thread.

kelsie
I'm gonna revive this thread because I thought about starting a similar one :)

I'm currently reading:

"Belonging: Remembering Ourselves Home" by Toko-pa Turner
Beautiful book by a Jungian Dreamworker. She talks about how belonging isn't a destination but an ancestral skill that we've lost in the modern world. She lays out a path to acquiring this lost skill. It touches on a lot of stuff we talk about in the school, such as shadow and dream work. I find Toko-pa's writing to be super poetic <3

"Evolutionary Herbalism" by Sajah Popham
Weaves together a truly holistic approach to herbalism via science, energetics, and spirituality. He also pulls in a lot of different traditional approaches to highlight how patterns of nature have been perceived throughout different places and time to show the underlying commonalities between all. I'm also so pumped about plant medicine class next month.

"The Web that Has No Weaver" -- this one's been mentioned above, but it's about Traditional Chinese Medicine

~An idea if anyone is interested: I've read about half of "Women Who Run with the Wolves" by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (also mentioned earlier in the thread). I've resonated with so much of it. The author mentions that each chapter can be read on its own, and that it's best digested this way--slowly over time. I think this would be a cool one to book club. Maybe read a chapter a month and discuss? If anyone's interested or has any thoughts, let me know

Re: Book Thread.

Alyssa
Funny  you mentioned Big Magic I was in a bookstore Saturday and saw it and added it to  my read list.

Re: Book Thread.

moonsun
Joe Dispenza!