Being together in person

Melissa
Hi everyone,

Great class - thank you to Maryam and Taya.

At the end of class Maryam mentioned brainstorming ideas around how to bring us together in person, so Iā€™m starting this thread so we can share ideas.

I feel that while something like a retreat or a one time meetup would be great, it would also be good to potentially think about more regular interaction and building a community IRL. We are spread out over the world and that is in my mind intentional. One idea would be to establish hubs in major geographic centres and hold regular community meetings in those places, say weekly or monthly. And have a global meet up a certain intervals - say twice year. And switch up the location.

Or we could just pool our resources and buy and island somewhere (j/k).

xx
Melissa

Re: Being together in person

Binta
Great idea Melissa!

Maybe we can start by figuring out where we have hubs of people?

We could do country and state. This way we know if there are enough people to make that place a hub.

Thoughts?

Re: Being together in person

AndrewWiggin
I'm in Chicago and would be willing to host something if there is any intrest! I have a decent sized living room and couches :)
Kat

Re: Being together in person

Kat
I love this idea! Thank you for sharing, Melissa. I am located in the Bay Area, which it seems that a lot of others also are living there, so that could be a potential "hub."

Re: Being together in person

Kristina
Hi I also want to add that zoom has a way of doing break out groups for attendees thats pretty cool. I was recently in a meditation course where we did them and it worked out so well.

Re: Being together in person

Wangui
Hi - I think it would be great to meet up in person and agree that it could be really fruitful to have local community building as well as larger meet ups. Iā€™m in Brooklyn and would be up to organize a meet up for anyone in/near NYC.

Re: Being together in person

kelsie
AndrewWiggin wrote
I'm in Chicago and would be willing to host something if there is any intrest! I have a decent sized living room and couches :)

That would be awesome! I'm in Chicago :)

Re: Being together in person

L'liaT
Greetings NEMS fam!

I'm in Inglewood, CA! I'd be down to drive out to anyplace on the West Coast.

Also, may I suggest a high vibrational place... Like in Joshua Tree, Sedona, Muir Woods, etc. Away from the city.

I would love for it to be a space where we could have peace and quiet and really be able to tap in and get in tune with one another's frequencies.

Bless,

L'lia
(ILEA, pronounced like IKEA with an L)

Re: Being together in person

Binta
Where my dirty south NEMS at?! Hahaha. I'm in Miami and would be down to travel north to meet up.

From what everyone has posted so far, it looks like a west coast and an east coast delegation is forming. I'm down to car pool, coordinate travel so east coast people can meet somewhere in the middle.

Excited to see this take shape!!

Re: Being together in person

Maryam Hasnaa
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Being together in person

Miehrit Kassa
I'm down! Second weekend in November would work better for me since it's a holiday weekend, either way I'm excited for NEMS IRL!

Re: Being together in person

L'liaT
Definitely voting for 2nd week of Nov up North! Would love to be there and connect with you all IRL. šŸ™šŸ¾

Re: Being together in person

Faradia
I'm in FTL!

Re: Being together in person

Shavonne
I would definitely be at the NYC meet-up!! <3

Re: Being together in person

Trisha
Hey all!

 I'm a couple hours south of Chicago. Loving the idea of doing a zoom meet up. Also happy to go on some travel trips with the NEMS community.

Excited to see you all soon!

Re: Being together in person

Deva
I'll be in Mexico Nov/Dec if anyone is there to link up!

I'm based in Vancouver and would join a group there, lots of nature spots to link up.

Re: Being together in person

Tenika
Definitely would love ā¤ļø to attend meet up in NYC keep us posted šŸ˜ŠšŸ‘šŸ½

Re: Being together in person

Irene
Thank you Melissa for this thread! I love the idea of central hubs where new earth mystery schoolers can find each other. I was in a zoom meeting where the facilitator was able to break us out into individual groups. Not sure if that's available to you Maryam, but if so maybe during one of the classes you can have us break out into groups based on the region. You could have us raise our hands if we're from like for example New York or Chicago area and then break us out that way. Then we can have individual meetings and plot šŸ˜Š. I also love that people are sharing when they might be traveling and once we have central hubs people can find each other when passing through. This is so exciting!

Re: Being together in person

Trinidad
In Jersey City, NJ and would love to come to NYC meet up.

Re: Being together in person

Briana
Europe NEMS stand up!

Anyone in Europe/ North Africa?

Would be happy to host something for the Euro Zone hub.
I'm based in Berlin, Germany.

xx Briana
12