Astrology + Two Resources

Evelyn K
This post was updated on .
hey everyone!

i've been a student of astrology and wanted to ask: have any of you found it useful on your journey?

you all likely know that the interwebs is filled with oversimplifications (including memes, lol!) about the zodiac signs. still, i've learned about themes important for my own path thru astrology.

i want to share two astro resources (with blurbs) with y'all: one is the blog / social media page of oak (they/he pronouns): https://oakastrology.com/blog and @krstopher_oak on insta.

they combine their holistic chef + astro background into one practice, and they're passionate about sharing astro knowledge with other queer / POC / filipinx people. i especially like their breathwork and recipe videos on their blog & IG (Capricorn Hot Chocolate, Aquarius Salad, etc.)

the 2nd resource is by an astrologer Maryam recommended on Twitter, named Sam Reynolds (he/him). i found his weekly Skycode Affirmations/Meditations helpful to reflect on: https://unlockastrology.com/ (scroll down to view them) though i haven't worked with him personally, i enjoy his e-newsletter where breaks astro down in detailed writing. so if you enjoy reading like me you might like his style.

sending warmth to all of you. <3

Re: Astrology + Two Resources

Josie
This post was updated on .
Hi Evelyn! Thanks for sharing - I've found astrology useful too. I do believe that there's a time for all things (https://twitter.com/PeoplesOracle/status/1265638410049523713/photo/1), and astrology helps me know what time it is. And, helps me be more aware of what energies/innate ways of being I'm bringing to any given situation. I've followed a few astrologers in the last few years and I've found Dayna Lynn Nuckolls aka The People's Oracle to be ... I mean, just the best. She recently did a podcast with JuJu Bae (A Little Juju Podcast) about sidereal astrology and described how astrology is a language, a framework. Her website and YouTube has a ton of gems too!

https://twitter.com/peoplesoracle
https://thepeoplesoracle.com/liberating-astrology-sidereal-zodiac/
https://soundcloud.com/user-991694293/divination-4-liberation

I also love Sam Reynolds and am excited to check out oak! Love a good recipe. <3

Re: Astrology + Two Resources

bree
Hi Evelyn!

Thanks for sharing these resources.  I was able to attend a BIPOC Meditation Oak Astrology held & it was beautiful. <3

Re: Astrology + Two Resources

Catherine Hamilton
This post was updated on .
I love Molly McCord. Her latest really resonated. Here are both parts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey-uwog35d0 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dcEvONdBfM

Re: Astrology + Two Resources

Catherine Hamilton
And Laura Eisenhower goes without saying, but here's her latest on the Solstice/Eclipse energies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbYoXeTxVc8

Re: Astrology + Two Resources

Evelyn K
You're so welcome, Bree, and that's so cool that you got to attend the meditation! :)

Re: Astrology + Two Resources

Evelyn K
Appreciate you sharing these links, Catherine!

Re: Astrology + Two Resources

Catherine Hamilton
Thank you for starting the thread and sharing yours! Will check them out.

Re: Astrology + Two Resources

karen777
I wanna echo was Josie said about Dayna aka The Peoples Oracle. Ive been studying tropical astrology for almost 2 years now. Oak actually gave me a free birth chart reading after I volunteered at an event he put on! Since then I was hooked. I joined his astrology school too and learned a lot but took some time away from astrology when the shelter in place started. I started reading more about Taoism to learn about my peoples' cosmology roots and started thinking more about sidereal as they had a relationship that was with where the planets and stars literally are. The Peoples Oracle talks about astrology as it relates to liberation in a way that I have never heard before. She just has a connection and solid intention and integrity that I think is missing from the way tropical astrology blew up. I've been taking time to sit with my sidereal chart and have noticed what from my tropical chart never really connected but I was like hoping or waiting for it to connect when I just had to go deeper and ask myself again what my intentions really are for using this tool and how I can approach it with more humility and respect

Re: Astrology + Two Resources

Evelyn K
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Karen! And I just realized I didn't reply to you, Josie-- I appreciate you mentioning the People's Oracle. :)

Re: Astrology + Two Resources

lylia
hi karen! i'm also a huge fan of the people's oracle and i'm so excited to be getting a reading from her tomorrow!! i'm curious what you've been reading about taoism as i come from chinese descent and have always felt a connection to taoism although i haven't read much about it formally. i'm also a huge astrology nerd so would love to know more about the connection you've found between taoism and sidereal astrology.