Anti-depressants/anti-anxiety

Ashton
Hi all, this may be a silly question but I genuinely need to know.. do anti-depressants or anti-anxiety medications effect the spiritual body in a negative way? I was prescribed lexapro today for anxiety but nervous to take a chance that may lower my vibration or quiet my intuition. Is this a legit concern?
Thank you!!
Kat

Re: Anti-depressants/anti-anxiety

Kat
Hi Ashton, I'm feeling super called to answer your question. My answer may be a bit long winded...

The neuroscience behind anti-depressants is that they increase the plasticity of your brain, not the serotonin reuptake that was commonly understood in the past. (this is very new/cutting edge info discovered in 2017 learned this from a neuroscientist as I was getting my BA in psychology). I was on lexapro, among others, several years ago & personally did not like the way they made me feel. I used to be pretty anti-pharma, but my perspective & understanding have evolved more to accept & appreciate the fact that different things work for different people (and their "levels" of consciousness - not in a hierarchical way, but for lack of a better word...)

Rather than framing it as, will antidepressants make me "low vibrational" tune in to how they actually make you FEEL. They are not "right" or "wrong," rather they are one of many tools used for reprogramming the brain. Especially for individuals who have deep running feedback loop, these medications can do wonders. Just like any tool, what works for you is entirely unique & will continue to change with the waves of your life.

If I can share MY personal experience (I don't want to project), anti-depressants made me feel...very neutral. & I craved the depth of every emotion, so that neutrality felt very numbing to me. I felt detached from mySelf, HOWEVER, they 100% got me out of a destructively dark mental space & put me in that neutral frequency to then empower myself to make change in other ways. It's been a long, continuous process of self reflection & growth & finding the medicine that tuned me to the frequency that felt right.

Ultimately, I encourage you to get super honest with yourself about how the medication is serving you, how it makes you feel & if you feel called, perhaps some EFT tapping on some of your beliefs surrounding the medication could help work through any feelings that come up around this subject.

I am very passionate about this subject, so if you have any other questions I'm here for them :-)

Love,
Kat
Kat

Re: Anti-depressants/anti-anxiety

Kat
Oh & another note, I don't hold the belief that medication necessarily quiets intuition - I see it as a choice (conscious/unconscious) that is made on part of the individual. In my experience, my intuition did not waver with any medication I took, in fact it was an intuitive hit that led me to the choice to eventually stop taking it ;P Anyhow, I hope my answer brings you some clarity & ease.

Re: Anti-depressants/anti-anxiety

Ashton
Kat, I really appreciate your time and your information here. I do feel more of an understanding now and less intimidation. Thank you so much. <3

Re: Another Tool

Danielle
Anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications are just yet another tool.  Whether it lowers or raises your vibration is dependent on where your vibration currently resides.  There have been times where the medications have been vital.  In my personal experience, they produce a numbing effect.  If you feel like a live wire, numbing can be a vibrational step up as it resembles grounding.  It’s a fine balance. Whether or not they work long term, has a correlation with genetic makeup.  MTHFR mutation runs in my family, and it is one of the makeups that renders most medications ineffective long term.

It is all deeply personal. Trust your instincts.  Just like any other tool, utilize it while it’s in resonance and set it down when it’s no longer serving you.

I went from an SSRI to cannabis to yoga to other plant medicine practices to CBD to meditation/protective practices to major shadow and boundary work.  Right now I’m diving into more inner child work on my own and with my therapist.  We are going to try EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing) in conjunction with my own forms of creating new neural pathways to address any underlying triggers of PTSD.

It is a journey. I hope you find that solid, grounded feeling no matter which path you choose.