Waking up between 1-3am

petalargie
I've been waking up between 1-3am for over 15 years. In the past year, the insomnia had gotten to an unbearable point. Yesterday I had a major breakthrough that connects: chocolate cravings, excessive menstrual bleeding-PMS-crams, ancestral work, the liver, food, and why I was waking up between 1-3am.

Basically it breaks down to:
-the liver cleans itself as we sleep. the main housecleaning hours are 1-3am
-the liver is also the seat of ancestral clearing. in other words, energetically, that's where our ancestral trauma reside
-waking up between 1-3am means the liver is overloaded and needs support. I keep a 1 quart bell (mason) jar next to my bed full of freshly squeezed lemon water. if I wake up, I drink this and literally feel it supporting the liver and am able to go back to sleep

Yesterday, while eating, I had a 'craving' for chocolate. I was extremely bloated and in the midst of pretty unbearable PMS symptoms. So I really stopped and lovingly asked my inner child, "is this what you want?".
I was able to track that this wasn't coming from my inner child, seemed to be dropping in from outside. So I paused.
Took a moment and googled- chocolate cravings, and read that the body needs magnesium. (Another huge help/support for the liver and tons of other body systems that I've needed to lean into in the past few years).
I checked in with my body this time and asked, what do you need? I got a flash of some red grapes that were in the fridge and added this to my meal.
After eating the grapes I noticed the PMS related irritation I was feeling had significantly lessened.
I looked it up afterwards and saw that chocolate actually irritates, stresses the liver.
I had spent years trapped in that PMS-binge cycle and always noticed that I felt so much worse after eating chocolate, sweets, etc.

So its all about supporting that liver, which leads to the freedom through this work.
Hope this story helps.

With love and light.

Re: Waking up between 1-3am

sameerah
Wow, thanks for sharing this. Those are some powerful observations. So interesting with the ancestral connection as well. Magnesium is definitely important!

Re: Waking up between 1-3am

Becky
So interesting! Thanks for sharing!

I went through a period of several years where I was drinking fairly heavily and I'd wake up at 2am, hot and sweaty and miserable as my liver got fired up. I still often wake but usually only need to use the bathroom. I like the idea of connecting with ancestors and drinking something to support the liver; that's a wonderful idea!

Also, magnesium salt baths are EXCELLENT for absorption (epsom, magnesium flakes, I also use dead sea salts for other minerals). I find water to be very soothing, so if that appeals to you, it's another option. Our skin is our largest organ, after all!

Peace,
Becky