Trouble sleeping...

Rhea
Hi loves!!

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to this: for the past 6 months or so my ability to fall asleep and stay asleep has been tricky. I'll either wake up multiple times, have strange dream sequences where I feel half awake and half asleep, or when I try to lay down and make a conscious effort to relax my body I'll suddenly feel intense layers of energy (tingling sensations) moving down through my body or concentrated in my chest area. I don't know if this would constitute insomnia but there are so many days where I feel very restless or extremely groggy and fatigued. It's worrisome because in general I have a lot of chronic health issues and it feels as if my body is having trouble healing when I'm not able to get a good night's sleep for months at a time!

Are there any herbs that you all use to help with falling asleep and staying asleep?

Love and blessings to you all.
warmth and peace to you

Re: Trouble sleeping...

Tiffany
Hello aneesah.

I’ve had trouble sleeping for quite some time and what really helps at the moment is prayer, eft, meditation - basically getting those thoughts out that are hindering my sleep.

Also, I learned CBT and acceptance therapy from a therapist years ago when I got sick due to lack of sleep. An example of me rephrasing am anxiety provoking thought is - “it is okay that I am not asleep now, I will fall asleep soon” or “even though I didn’t get enough sleep last night, I will be able to function throughout the day (acceptance).

I like to drink peppermint or chamomile before bedtime; it calms me down.

Hope this serves you well

Re: Trouble sleeping...

Maryam
Hey loves!
For sleep I work with:
1. melatonin(but not long term)
2. Valerian(my favorite form is as a capsule. It tastes really weird) I have a capsule that I believe has Valerian, hops, and Passion flower.
3. I also love Passion flower, chamomile, catnip, and lemon. balm. I actually have a blend on resonance etsy called sweet dreams.
4. I also use Kava Kava
5. I also use essential oils and created a blend for that too. The main ingredient is two different types of chamomile.
6. I also sleep with a lavender pillow and have a specific pillow that is for improving sleep.

I hope this helps. I dealt with insomnia for years so I kind of know a lot about it.

Re: Trouble sleeping...

Rhea
thank you so much for your responses! i will definitely put into practice what was suggested.

much love to you both.
warmth and peace to you