Sufi Orders

maryamkhawar
Hello everyone!
My name is Maryam; I'm a student in the Bay Area (and yes, I think it's interesting that I was drawn to a spiritual teacher with the same name as me lol).
I was born and raised in a more neo-traditional Muslim household (Hanafi) but have always been a fairly spiritual person. I grew up regularly going to the masjid but didn't always feel connected to the community there or some of the religious dogma. I'm currently looking into Sufi orders to practice with, and I wanted to see if anyone here might resonate with this post and could offer recommendations (I'm invested in the Inayatiyya order).

As a side note, I've also personally wanted to find a spiritual community to practice with in-person (I'm drawn to a masjid as that's what I grew up with) but I also want to be able to be my authentic self, and have had trouble feeling comfortable with that in a mosque.

Thank you for reading, and take care
Maryam
Sending love, wherever you are

Re: Sufi Orders

hire
hi, responding to this a full five months later hoping u see this. i've been drawn to sufism since i was younger (came up in conservative sunni family) but have zero grasp of orders and scholarship. what are orders exactly, and have you found any success getting into one?

Peace,
Hiree