Spiritual path

Tiffany
Good day everyone,

With simplifying my spirituality I would also like to figure out what spiritual path is best for me (Buddhist, Sufi etc). I’m drawn to the ancient middle eastern religions, practices, beliefs.

 I know it will come to me but I’d love to hear everyone’s experience on this journey.

Tiffany

Re: Spiritual path

grace
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
TAE

Re: Spiritual path

TAE
What's good Tiffany, thanks for this thread and opening up space for folks to share their journeys.

Currently I've also been feeling the need to simplify my path as I've been studying various concepts and teachings for over 10 years now but can admit that I've felt emotionally, psychologically, and spiritually stuck for the majority of that time.

The most recent turn my spiritual path has taken is this feeling of wanting to step away from any sort of spiritual practice or teaching and just let myself be. Like no path as a spiritual path if that makes sense.

I believe that there's a higher power at work in my life and experiences and I desire alignment with that power more than I ever have before but at the same time I have no desire to formally belong to any specific practice. If anything right now I desire a solitary and self-created practice.

My spiritual influences range. I'm very drawn to buddhist practice, specifically tantric practice, and I'm also actively healing my relationship to my family's deep spiritual lineage of christianity. In addition to that I'm also drawn to earth based spiritual practices, ritual, divination, and folk magick as well as afro-indegenous spiritual systems like Yoruba and kemetic science.

I think the variation of the teachings and practices I'm drawn has a lot to do with me just wanting to step away from taking in any more information or teachings. I'm thick in the work of trying to synthesize and integrate and consistently put into practice all of this information that I've taken in and I feel like my soul needs a break from all outside sources in order to hear itself. So slowly but surely I've been allowing that to happen.

I'm kind've conflicted about feeling called to no path, there's a part of me that feels like it's wrong to be as "spiritual" as I am and be without path or practice, but I'm doing my best to be at ease with the conflict.

One of the things that I ask daily is for life to continue to reveal itself to me as it would have me to know it and in my mind life is synonymous with god/spirit/source/etc. So I'm totally with you on the point that the path will come to you and if I could offer any words of support/encouragement it would be to continue to move toward what draws you and stay traveling in power and peace. I'm doing my best to do the same.

Also, in the spirit of sharing perspective, I came to an understanding for myself recently that really blew my mind wide open. Before I used to understand specific spiritual practices as paths in themselves but then I had the realization that life is the only path available to us and the spiritual practice is how we choose to walk the path. I'm still coming to terms with how much thinking about spiritual practice as a way of traveling vs the thing being traveled really shifted my experience of seeking spiritually.

Re: Spiritual path

Tiffany
Hello Grace!

I also started out Catholic. I wasn’t a strict catholic like my grandparents but I attended services so I know a little bit about it. I’ve struggled with the same intuitive experiences and it could never be explained in the Catholic Church.

I told a friend today there’s something about the Catholic Church when I go there. I used to go to St Patrick’s cathedral just to pray and this unusual feeling of peace and calm would come over me. I also like how The Muslims are dedicated to prayer.

Re: Spiritual path

Tiffany
Hi Tae,

I love you’re in depth description. I’m currently stuck as well. One minute I feel like you - just being without a specific spiritual path and then the next I feel like I need an everyday practice and one path to stick to.

‘Solitary and self created practice’ - I like that. A message that came through for me today was to “take quiet time to listen to myself”. Sometimes outside sources do drown out my inner voice also.

Thank you for sharing your journey and your encouraging words, I appreciate it!

Re: Spiritual path

grace
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Spiritual path

Tiffany
“When I drink my coffee, I’m being religious” - love it. Someone once told me that my whole life is a ritual, even showering.

I’ve been feeling a little out of touch lately and the “searching” has me exhausted. I need to just let go and trust right now.

I’m so grateful for this spiritual community
TAE

Re: Spiritual path

TAE
"breathing is prayer, living is god" is such a word Grace....

also love the idea that a whole life is ritual Tiffany