Simple question

Tiffany
Hi everyone,

I would like to know what everyone does when they start to question Gods existence? Or do you’ll even question?

Re: Simple question

Briana
Hi! What a lovely question!

I have questioned God many many times. I remember a specific time in my early 20s where I explicitly TOLD god ( yes, you read that right) that if a certain sequence of events happened, I would no longer believe in him - Coming from the traditional Southern Baptist background, this was revolutionary to suddenly be an atheist.

Over time (read at least 7 years) I have gradually come full circle, not necessarily believing in the concept of God as provided to me by society, but forming my own definition.

So I answer your question with a few questions:

When you say questioning Gods existence, do you have a predefined notion of who/ what are you questioning?

What does God mean to you?

Are you questioning gods existence, or are are you questioning their plan for you?
xoxooxxoox

Re: Simple question

Tiffany
Hi Briana!

I grew up catholic, Pentecostal, Baptist etc. so all I know of is God, Jesus. I feel guilty now stepping out of that and questioning honestly. I feel a disconnect during prayer that’s why I was curious to know if anyone has gone through this. I’m drawn to Buddhism, eastern practices/religions - I connect more to a higher being during meditation.

I love your question and it’s making me think - I’m questioning his plan for me!  You cleared this whole thing up for me. I’ve been praying for something and God is quietly saying it’s not for you.

Ahhhhh thank you