Sexual trigger.. really uncomfortable talking about it but yeah

Sexual trigger.. really uncomfortable talking about it but yeah

Morgan
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Sexual trigger.. really uncomfortable talking about it but yeah

Evelyn K
Hi Phoenix!

Thank you for your openness about your trigger, which I know is so personal and sensitive.

I can relate to what you wrote in your post, except my situation is more about my phobias. Like you, I have a heightened emotional reaction of fear to both tarantulas and heights-- they are common phobias, and I understand my emotions to those stimuli are extreme in the situation. (So in that case, they are triggers too. )

I want to share information that could be helpful to you. I once read that, if we don't recall an event in our lives that led to the formation of a trigger, an event in our past life could've possibly led to that.

I believe that this is the case for my phobias-- I don't remember any event when I was younger that conditioned me to have extreme fear to tarantulas or heights. So it's possible that those phobias formed before this lifetime for me. This could be something for you to consider, too.

In terms of how to overcome the trigger, I am guessing that the reprogramming classes may touch upon this. In the Emotional Intelligence courses, which I have watched, Maryam talks about using EFT / Emotional Freedom Technique and scents.

I also read about gradual exposure therapy ("systematic desensitization") as a way to overcome triggers, too: https://www.healthline.com/health/systematic-desensitization#examples

Thanks for reading my thoughts!

Re: Sexual trigger.. really uncomfortable talking about it but yeah

Morgan
Lol i couldn’t figure out how to reply! I read this months ago! Thank you so much for your insight! It was really appreciated and helpful