Reprogramming Memories with Scent

bree
Hi guys! I’ve been thinking about using this method of reprogramming memories / triggers with scent as Maryam discussed in Emotional Alchemy 1.0. I was wondering has anyone tried it? I would love to hear some success stories and your process getting there! <3

Re: Reprogramming Memories with Scent

lilly
hi bree! how funny, i just happened to finish up this course too. what i think is really cool, is that this is backed my modern medicine. at the hospital i used to volunteer doing reiki at - my coordinator would hand out multiple essential oil diffusers for different conditions to patients.. she couldn’t keep enough on hand! hospital patients had a lot of positive feedback regarding their stress about simply even being in the hospital in the first place.

my twin nephews are also going through a phase in their toddler years of building negative thoughts cycles regarding sleep. i have a beautiful sage spray that i started calling “monster spray” and this has re-routed those memories to feel less scared or like nothing is going to harm them in their sleep. this has been a cool experience because if i try using a different aromatherapy spray, their brains know the difference and they ask for the “real” one.

i definitely recommend trying aromatherapy!

Re: Reprogramming Memories with Scent

lilly
sorry - my hands wrote diffusers by default instead of inhalers 😂 if you look into essential oil inhalers, they are easy to make and super portable in times of need. you just hold them up to your nose for about 2-3 minutes and breathe!

Re: Reprogramming Memories with Scent

bree
thank you so much for your reply!! yes, the data is so interesting! most of the time i use esseital oils with t the diffuser and i have made a few sprays as well but i love the idea of using scent to use it for reprogramming and retraining your body's responses.

 i had never heard of essential oil inhalers and after looking them up i realized i grew up using one because of my grandma. (although hers was from Vicks, same idea ) i love that you brought this up though, i was trying to figure out the best way to bring my essential oils with me.

your input has really helped so much. i'm excited to start incorporating more aromatherapy into my life. yay!

Re: Reprogramming Memories with Scent

Becky
I have some jewelry with felt pads in it that you can put scent on. Also volcanic stones (used in bracelets and such) can be infused with essential oils/scents.

Have fun!