Reaching Out for HELP

P.M.G.
Greetings,

I was introduced to NEMS around through my mother, who thought it would be extremely helpful in conjunction with therapy (seeing a lot of things from both sides has been amazing). Spirituality has always been an open topic and I was given freedom in all aspects with no expectations but also VERY little conversation, it just stopped and practice became my own responsibility.

Unfortunately along the line I was introduced by another family member to a "spiritual practitioner". The experience I had with this person was very jarring, forced, and made me uncomfortable in a way that did not bring growth but rather a complete shut down. Pushing back against guidance, dulling myself with intoxicants, and really trying to pull away from ALL of it.

I'm trying again and I've been struggling fighting the barriers I've put up myself. No matter where I start I'm hit with a rush of reasons that I can't do it or I'm not meant to be here. The anxiety in asking for help in and of itself is overwhelming... so here I am making myself ask.

Is this work too advanced for someone who is this blocked? Is the aversion/mistrust after a previous experience too close to heal in this space? Does anybody have advice on connecting for the first time or reconnecting or was there a class that struck a chord?

Thank you for this space. It's been hard but even being here, learning, and listening has been a start that I needed. I feel safe.

- Piers

Re: Reaching Out for HELP

MoonSun
Have you tried EFT? Maryam's class on Empath Medicine talks about EFT, and there's another class with an EFT example, but I can't remember which one it is. It could be helpful? I had trauma/blocks around stage fright, and EFT helped so much. There's some good threads on EFT in this forum if you search them.

brad yates is great (he did one on resistance)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJvhIn8PirM

one of maryam's tapping videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKVoA5-zfsM

there's also an EFT tapping app "tapping solution" and EFT books are great as well. I have a jessica ortner one that's really good.

this is a VERY basic description - you pick your most pressing issue and notice where you feel it in your body, and in your own words, it's very personal, however you need to say it, "Even though I feel so much resistance and my stomach is all tight, I love and accept myself" and you do the karate chop point, you repeat three times--then you go through the entire tapping points riffing on it "All this resistance" "My stomach is so tight" and you riff on it and get deeper, more feelings or details come up. I usually end up crying, but after about 5-10 mins I feel better, or the original feeling is less intense.

If it's super traumatic stuff, EFT practitioners recommend working with a professional EFT therapist.

Re: Reaching Out for HELP

MoonSun
Only you can know what's right for you.

My mom wants to tell me how to boil my eggs, but ultimately, I'm going to boil my eggs whatever way my soul and body tell me

Re: Reaching Out for HELP

P.M.G.
Thank you!

I'll look into it. I haven't tried but have read tidbits or have seen it mentioned.

Thankfully she's not telling me what to do but offering based on conversations we've had and seeing me reach out on my own. Books weren't enough.
- Piers