Pre-sleep routines/rituals

Becky
I'm looking to implement a better routine before I go to sleep at night. What kinds of things do y'all do to prepare for sleep? Any and all ideas are welcome!!!

Thanks,
Becky

Re: Pre-sleep routines/rituals

Stella
I'm trying to get into a regular sleep routine as well! I find that it's been pretty difficult for me to wind down haha morning routines come much easier for me. But so far I have been putting some lavender essential oil in the diffuser, playing some relaxing music and having no screen time an hour before bed. I also write either three good things that happened that day or 3 things I'm grateful for at the end of each day.

Re: Pre-sleep routines/rituals

Becky
Oh, I like the idea of a short writing practice. Thanks!

Re: Pre-sleep routines/rituals

Christie C.
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Pre-sleep routines/rituals

maryamkhawar
I have a habit where I'll try to stay up longer than I should, so one thing that helped was trying to make falling asleep fun! I bought these sleep supplements that are made with chocolate and I usually like to journal positive things about my day, or what I'm grateful for.
Sending love, wherever you are

Re: Pre-sleep routines/rituals

Desiré
I am trying to do the same, it felt like the shift to spring activated the night owl in me lol
I usually turn on my Himalayan salt lamp on so there's not that much light and my brain can pick up that its time to sleep. I do this once the sun sets. I also put on my phone to shut down everything so i can sleep at a certain time. I've started to implement stretching/massage and there's this meditation by lalah delia for signaling a new timeline and she suggests listening to it in the morning and at night and so far i practice this in the morning but i'm going to implement at night to help wind me down. after a shower to regulate my bodies temperature and leaving a fan to get the temperature to a good place i also love spraying the embodiment spray on my bed. i like the practice of calling back my energy, and cleansing in the shower. all these practices help with aligning with the rhythm of rest and ease.

Re: Pre-sleep routines/rituals

Becky
These are lovely responses! Thanks all.

It's been almost a year. The BEST pre-bed routine was cutting out screens. I went 40 days with no "tv" (shows/movies) or video games and ...wow! So reading before bed, if anything. Doing some meditation, cleansing my energies, setting intentions. Keeping the room clean and fresh sheets regularly. Eating earlier.

Right now I'm cutting out cannabis for 40 days, so my dreams are starting to tick up, which is cool, though I feel less motivated overall ...but I trust that will even out in another week or two (sounds counterintuitive, but that's how it works for me and how I get into "using" weed, which also messes w/my adrenals).

peace!
Becky