Prayer

Tiffany
Hi everyone,

I just would like to know if anyone has experienced this. Every time I pray something bad seems the happen, the opposite of what I want. For example, if I pray for peace in my environment after that a fight would happen. Or if I pray my psalms something upsetting happens. I’m not sure if I should start affirming or setting intentions instead.

Tiffany

Re: Prayer

moonsun
hey tiffany, trust yourself. prayer is the same as setting an intention or visualizing, it's just one method or name but it's all the same. speaking from your heart.

"something bad seems to happen" sounds like a limiting belief. Byron katie that!

is it true
can i be absolutely sure it's true
who am i when i believe this thought
who would i be without this thought

The holistic psychologist on IG talks a lot about not assigning meaning to things. So you resolve to change, but then you fall back into old patterning--don't assign meaning. Pick up and keep going, resolving to live the life you want to live. Nothing happens over night. You pray for peace, but then a fight happens. Keep resolving, "holding the vision", to create and bring peace into your environment.

i've definitely felt the hopelessness it can feel when things aren't changing or i feel stuck or that my intentions or prayers aren't answered. What really changed for me since march has been reprogramming my subconscious--going into theta brain state (I use several methods, one from Grace Space Hypnosis book, some from Maryam, some from Joe Dispenza, one from a great hypnosis track I enjoyed so I transcribed it, to put myself into my theta brainwave state) and using affirmations, the VAK method (what does the new healthier belief visually look like, sound like, and kinesthetically feel like), and regular visualizing. Joe Dispenza's work goes in depth about this and the holisitc psychologist on instagram has a specific free journal prompt I'm day 92 of (yay) about creating new habits, emotional or physical.

Maryam is ahead of her time in everything she's talked about with the subconscious, stuff she retweets from 2014. But it really is important, blocks in prayers or manifesting... I'm currently working on the belief I am free to ask for what I want, because growing up people in my family told me I didn't know what I wanted. I would panic any time any spiritual teacher asked me to get specific with the universe about what I wanted.

The other way to reprogram your subconscious, ALSO THE HEY FRAN HEY podcast episode was SO good and all about this, is through LIFE initiation. Literally going out into the world and creating a new lived experience with the new mindset.

Love and blessings, I hope this gets better. Everyone is being triggered right now with the solstice, but the new energies are beautiful. Trust yourself trust life, make CONSCIOUS changes.

The most important and most basic thing I've seen from spiritual teachers across the world is consciousness. Consciously choosing our thoughts, our behaviours, our feelings--working through the emotions instead of imprinting them in our field, Consciousness-- that is important.

The holistic psychologist is a great resource for very concrete, grounded steps to make change in daily life, still spiritual, but it's more to do with the daily battles, when things feel hard, while I feel like the things I've learned with Maryam have been more cerebral and ethereal and deeper on a soul level, and have expanded my mindset and encouraged me to find ease within my movements and choices.

on a personal level, i hope you're doing okay tiffany! sending you prayers love and light. thanks for being such a beautiful active member on the message boards. you're prayers are beautiful and i hope you find the answers you're seeking. they're always within.

Re: Prayer

Tiffany
Hello moonsun,

I’m feeling much better today. Lighter and in better spirits, thank you!

My therapist and energy healer told me months  ago that I need to trust myself so maybe I do need to do some reprogramming. I’m going to look into everything you mentioned.

Consciously choosing thoughts, behaviors and feelings - I like that.

Thank you so much for all your advice and recommendations. I’m definitely going to look into it! Peace, love and light to you as well