Playfulness! :)

Jummy
This post was updated on .
Blessings everyone! <3

I'm a newbie here- super super excited to join you!

I wanted to start a thread on playfulness! What keeps you playful whilst you're doing the work? What brings you lightness when you're meeting your shadows? What makes you smile when you're deconditioning?

Sometimes I get so lost in doing the intense things that I lose sight of how there is transformation through play too!

I love playing with different visualisations for my energy field...recent ones have been amethyst dust and paint made from phoenix ash!

Things that gave me lihgtness this week were Ponyo (studio ghibli animation) and lemon cake!

How about you? :)

Sending playful vibes all around!

Jx

Re: Playfulness! :)

Becky
Okay, so how do I play? I like this question because I also can get Very Serious about whatever thing I'm working on, which leads to thoughts that I 'have to" do x thing. Which leads to me rebelling against the "have to"...I'm sure everyone is familiar with that kind of downward spiral. So yeah, staying in my joy is definitely where I'm in my creative sweet spot.

I love to play in the creek, to explore outside, to feel what I feel and watch things and just listen to the sounds. I recently made a little altar for 12yo me, and I like to play with the things I have there. I've got a roll-on lip gloss, books, cards, a candle, some chocolate that I wrapped individually, a little musical chime.

Writing can be play, but for me it's also part of "the work" so I can procrastinate on it. I loved the poetry thing yesterday in the community meeting; it was very stimulating.

I'm going to work with my 13yo to create a D&D world (he's in charge of all gameplay mechanics; I'm there for worldbuilding only)....super fun. D&D was definitely on the "literally dangerous" list of forbidden items when I was that age (ha). But it is supercharged for the imagination. You can literally do and be anything you want. It's a great way to personify my highest self and actually interact with others who have agreed to believe that character is real, and who respond accordingly. It's badass. :_

I like to make "potions"...tea blends, I do a lot of my own skin care, and that's playful when I'm trying new things or making my favorite and "casting spells" into it that can later be absorbed into my skin. It's fun. I like to experiment and cook. I make yogurt and sourdough and probiotic water kefir. I actually love making bread. There is nothing like the transformation of flour, water, and salt into a loaf warm from the oven.

I also try to do releasing. We get blocked just from holding muscle tension, so I LOVE kundalini yoga for helping release tissue tensions, kick up the parasympathetic...sometimes I "follow the kriya exactly" and sometimes I just play with my body.

Great question! Thanks for asking. :)
Keep sharing what's fun. I love ideas.

-Becky