Non Violent Communication + Reprogramming class <3!

Non Violent Communication + Reprogramming class <3!

MoonSun
Just wanted to share in case anyone is on a similar wave...

I didn't feel called to watch the second reprogramming class until last night, but I'm glad I waited! Everything in total divine timing. I bought Non Violent Communication a while back and started but didn't finish, and I randomly picked it up again (guides!) yesterday for travel reading

From the book

"Most of us grew up speaking a language that encourages us to label, compare, demand, and pronounce judgements rather than to be aware of what we are feeling and needing. I believe life alienating communication is rooted in views of human nature that have exerted their influence for centuries. These views stress humans' innate evil and deficiency, and a need for education to control our inherently undesirable nature. Such education often leaves us questioning whether there is something wrong with whatever feelings and needs we may be experiencing. We learn early to cut ourselves off from what's going on within ourselves.

Life alienating communication both stems from and supports hierarchical or domination societies, where large populations are controlled by a small number of individuals to those individuals, own benefit. It would be in the interest of kinds, czars, nobles, and so forth that the masses be educated in a way that renders them slavelike mentality. The language of wrongness, should, and have to is perfectly suited for this purpose: the more people are trained to think in terms of moralistic judgements that imply wrongness and badness, the more they are being trained to look outside themselves--to outside authorities--for the definition of what constitutes right, wrong, good, and bad. When we are in contact with our feelings and needs, we humans no longer make good slaves and underlings."

WOW WHAT A BOOK / WHAT A CLASS

Re: Non Violent Communication + Reprogramming class <3!

MoonSun
Also this Rumi quote from the book

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right-doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there."

Happy 1/11/19 :)

Re: Non Violent Communication + Reprogramming class <3!

MoonSun
also, on a personal note, when I first moved to NYC, I was hired by the most likable music school I'd ever come across and it took me two years, panic attacks and hospital visits, my dad and an ex-boyfriend-friend coaching me on how to respond to my boss's manipulative emails, to quit and disentangle me from their cult like and unhealthy work culture. Wow. Watching this class was putting me in AWE of what a miracle it was that I got out. I had people who care about me telling me to leave for the two years, but I couldn't hear them. And I had friends at that institution watching the boss treat me unfairly and unhealthily, but do nothing because he was so likable.

Actually, this is so synchronistic and weird. I didn't even realize until just now. I was literally deleting photos off my mac yesterday, before the non violent communication read and before class--and I saw photos from my time at that job, selfies and other things, and I was shocked by how much I don't look like myself in them. And when I started to take back control, the physical change in my body and my face, I look like myself again. Expressing myself the way I truly am.

If anyone is reading and needs to hear this

please know

YOU CAN LEAVE. I was so afraid I wouldn't find another job I was so terrified I wouldn't be okay. I WAS OKAY. I was better than okay :)

Re: Non Violent Communication + Reprogramming class <3!

Mohamed E
Thank you for this. I am deeply grateful for your words and willingness to open up to us and share your thoughts, feelings, and experiences. There is so much important insight in your intuition and ability to broadcast it to the greater community within and without you. Thank you <3

Re: Non Violent Communication + Reprogramming class <3!

Dulcie
<3 love all of this :)