Music for awakening creativity

Erica AQ.
Hi all!

Does anyone want to share artists/songs that spark any sort of awakening?

 I have been going through a rough period of depression the past couple of years and have had moments of clarity and light in between. I’ve been having more higher days than low lately, but I haven’t felt a creative tug since the summer. Today I discovered Yvette Young and the feeling her music brought was like the blinds being open for the first time in ages. I was inspired to put away my clothes I’ve been sleeping under, redecorate my room, and
write poetry again.

Can anyone else relate? I’d love to hear new tunes!

Love,
Erica

Re: Music for awakening creativity

Tiffany
Hi Erica,

I have anxiety and depression so I completely understand. I’ve been really into classical and alternative music. It’s so calming and peaceful.

Here’s a few that I love

Clair de lune L. 32
All songs by Rhye
“The most beautiful songs in the world” playlist on spotify

Re: Music for awakening creativity

Rhea
Blood Orange's new album Negro Swan always awakens something in me. Also, everything Sudan Archives has put out thus far and the group Khruangbin makes beautiful music.

Sending you love!
warmth and peace to you

Re: Music for awakening creativity

Craftycake
Yes!

I have a Creative Flow playlist currently on it:

-Little Dragon
-Santigold
-Ari Lennox
-Banks
-Nao
Em

Re: Music for awakening creativity

Em
For creativity specifically, have you heard of the book The Artist's Way? I just started it and they have a whole 12 week process for awakening our dormant creative spirit. As for music to soothe depression, I listen to the following(each for different reasons--sometimes I need music with words that is also "emotional" to process what I am feeling, or I look for "zen" music to inspire calm):

Yebba- Evergreen
Tarika Blue- Dreamflower
Potatohead People- Quest for Love
Kadhja Bonet- Another time lover
Pink Matter- Frank Ocean, Andre 3000
Kevin's Heart- J.Cole
Friends- J.Cole, KiLL Edward
La Vuelta Al Mundo- Call 13
So Afraid- Janelle Monae
Don't Judge me- Janelle Monae
Superior Emotion- AlunaGeorge, Cautious Clay
Why Don't You- Cleo Soul
Work- Charlotte Day Wilson

Almost any song from Phony Ppl

For Devotional type of meditation music: the entire Sharanam:Sacred Chants of Devotion album by Sudha and Manesh De Moor, I specifically like the "Moola Meditation".

And if you just want to try to shake out the stagnant energy in your body(because our emotions are stored in our body and once we've "processed" them, we need to engage in physical movement to dispel them for our body) then Disco music always does the job!

Sending you love!

Re: Music for awakening creativity

Erica AQ
Thank you for these!!  I also love classical and alternative. I got to listen to some of them and the playlist which was lovely. My former coworker’s husband is on that playlist (Ian Thornton) haha thought that was cool. Sending lots of love. Grateful for you!

Thank you Rhea! I definitely am digging these reccomendations. Songs from Negro Swan gets to me when I least expect it, like when it comes on at work! Sending lots of love!

Thank you for these!! Ahh I love these artists!! Lots of love!

Hi Em! You posted at 11:11 how lovely is that. I haven’t heard of it but I’m definitely going to look into it! It sounds like something that resonates. Thank you for this awesome list! I definitely feel you when it comes
to listening to different songs for different processes. I needed the reminder of shaking off the energy! I can’t wait to give these a go. Lots of love!!

Re: Music for awakening creativity

Rhea
so happy to hear this! love you!
warmth and peace to you

Re: Music for awakening creativity

Shai Nicole
Here's a playlist of sounds that maryam mentioned in the raise your vibrations class:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD4c1yQCb2n2E3xKBqMhVuuqpWabE80VT

& Here's a playlist that always helps me clear and realign my energy:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD4c1yQCb2n0FDWBnKHUpzXoxcQ99XTG_

Oh & here's some soothing sounds (solfeggio, binaural, meditative):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCA3322BB5D2AA42F

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD4c1yQCb2n2UyRY2dPxUxo6wH6UiPiBZ

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD4c1yQCb2n2v1ZIdK52d2jDZsHWq1M-d

Hope some of these help! <333
❁❁❁ bless

Re: Music for awakening creativity

Hoda Essa
Hi all! Music is one of my favorite mediums to spark inspiration or to alter my general inner-atmosphere. I'm not sure why love songs do it for me but I'm always placing the object of affection in the song as God, or The Universe or even myself so it gets my self-love flowing and I'm able to create with all that loving-energy at my disposal!

Some of my favorite artists and songs are :

1. Sir - his entire discography, really. His voice carries a velvety melody and his lyrics just invigorate me altogether.
2.) Kid Cudi - Dance 4 Eternity : This song gets my body moving and I mean Cudi's hums are incredibly soothing to me.
3.) Nick Hakim
4.) Blended Babies
5.) There's a dj I follow on soundcloud whose handle is @Nativefolk, she creates chill-hop playlists that are simply magical.
6.) I frequent Khruangbin as well.
7.) Aaron Taylor - Saw You in My Dreams
8.) Toro y Moi's new album - Outer Peace
9.) Anna Wise and Jon Bap's album called Geovariance
10.) Debruit, for more of an uplifting sound
11.) Chole x Halle - Warrior and If God Spoke are two excellent songs by them.

and I could go on. LOL! but these are just some of the things I listen to that help me feel at ease and help me flow with creative impulses a little more readily.