Moving from book knowledge to embodiment of knowledge

Moving from book knowledge to embodiment of knowledge

seyi
Hi everyone,

I was just going through some of Maryam's book club videos because I was looking for some new books to read and inspiration. I love gaining knowledge through reading but I find that sometimes I spend too much time "hoarding" information (e.g. reading multiple books at once, not really finishing them, buying a lot of books at once) and I get overwhelmed with trying to implement the concepts I'm learning about. I sometimes feel concerned that my interest in spirituality books is a form of spiritual materialism. I'm a very heady person and in the world of academia so reading is my dominant way of processing information. Does anyone have advice on how to work with this?

Thank you!

Seyi

Re: Moving from book knowledge to embodiment of knowledge

Jazmin Ramos
Hey Seyi 🌸

I can totally relate to reading a whole bunch of books and not finishing. I blame it on being double fire, Sagittarius ♐️Sun and Aries Moon, lol.

I’m currently reading three books, so what works for me is that I separate them into different times of the day.

I read one book during my commute, another book im ready has activities for me to work through, so I devote my time in the evening. The other book I read before bed.

I am able to finish books since doing this!

I also let my intuition guide me to which parts of the book I should read, at times I find myself not resonating with the whole book but parts of it.

💕hope that helps

Re: Moving from book knowledge to embodiment of knowledge

MoonSun
I'm a kinesthetic learner, so I started treating it like how I used to learn for school. For kinesthetic, I copy what I read down by hand or underline or somehow physically interact with the material. I love highlighting and making notes in the margin. I have a special notebook and an Evernote file I keep quotes, processes and a log of intuitive/psychic personal experiences, so I can look back on it easily when I want to or need help

I stopped the three books at once, although I'm still juggling. I've been dedicating a week to the book I feel most relevant. I find when I bounce around I get overwhelmed. I switch it up by the week.

It's been really beneficial so far this January. I've been in Energetic Boundaries by Cyndi Dale, I spent two weeks on Non Violent Communication which I love, and then this week, I've been rereading Personal Frequency by Penney Pierce because of the Home Frequency classes. Which BTW if anyone else is reading Personal Frequency--Chapter 4, am i right??? Like, that entire chapter has helped me so much with the theory of energy and waves and how to rejoin the wave when we feel stuck or upset.

To better internalize Chapter 4 of Personal Frequency I actually made myself a google-drive-form over the summer with some of the questions she poses in the book on how to get unstuck to fill out if I ever needed to. Making a google form really helped internalize the concepts, and then as I've gotten stuck and gone to fill out the form in like, not wanting to be on earth energy--it helped me rejoin the wave and get out of that energy and practice the concepts she was talking about! It seriously helped me internalize the concepts SO MUCH. Not only through review, but by physically interacting with the questions and going through the process she created to rejoin the energy wave form.

I remember one of the best learning tricks to internalize anything is can you physically teach it to someone else? I had a really good 6th grade science teacher who had us write our own tests of the material and I learned that chapter better than any of the book. Or like, when I teach music, sometimes I have to go learn  a students piece so I can teach it to them. Maybe find a concept in the book you want to master and learn it so well you could teach it to someone else. Like a meditation or a series of questions to ask someone or concept to explain? Just an idea

Re: Moving from book knowledge to embodiment of knowledge

Raquel
MoonSun—I can’t thank you enough for all the wisdom you just dropped here. This is absolutely incredible🙏🏼🙏🏼❤️
Kat

Re: Moving from book knowledge to embodiment of knowledge

Kat
I love this! I've intuitively been doing this too, but not so consistently. double fire as well ;P (aries sun/moon)...perhaps you are on to something ;)

Re: Moving from book knowledge to embodiment of knowledge

Seven D
This Thread is EVERYTHING!! I went to a Qigong session and she saw how active my mind was. I love consuming books but i often feel spiritually "fat" in the form of confusion. I know I need to ground the energy of knowledge when I get it but I often dont or do not know how.

This discussion really helped me out. Thank you so much.
Sip Slow but Sip Loudly
       -Seven D