Meteoropathy - staying centered in winter

Meteoropathy - staying centered in winter

Francesca
Hello NEMS family,
does anybody else suffer from meteoropathy?
I find it so easy to feel connected to God and centered during the nice season. I get to be in nature a lot and with the sunrays everything looks more beautiful.

I live in Germany (but I am from Southern Europe so I definitely miss the sea and the sun) and I know I have to accept that Winter is a part of the year but this is my first winter after my spiritual awakening and I will surely miss the contact with Nature, my walks along the river, the trees..meditating with the windows open...

How do you cope with the cold season? I know there are many other resources to keep the vibration high (meditation, moving the body, keeping the house cozy).. Maybe I should take the winter as a metaphor to face the darkness and work more with my shadows and keep doing the inner work I have started in Summer...

No country with 365 d/y nice weather and the living standards of Germany pops to my mind lol.. if not I would consider moving haha!

Thanks lovelies!
<3

Re: Meteoropathy - staying centered in winter

Jennifer
I’ve always had issues with Winter...I live in the eastern side of the USA. I moved to CA for 8 years and live the perpetual spring/summer! I moved back in Spring of a year figuring I would give myself 3 seasons to prepare. It did not help.

You know what did? I stopped fighting it and dreading it, and thinking about how bad it would be and started accepting it as a part of life’s flow. Honestly. The moment I let go, is the moment that I started enjoying the smell of the falling and dying leaves, the feel of the crisp air.  It’s a time to shed and be comforted. Still not crazy about a snow fall, but I’m getting there. Good luck!

Re: Meteoropathy - staying centered in winter

Francesca
Thanks for sharing Jennifer <3! I am trying to see the beauty :) It is just impossible to be out for me at a certain temperature to take a walk but I guess more cozy snuggle or gym time ***