Daily Spiritual Routine

Shabanaxo
Hello everyone,

I am struggling to establish a daily spiritual routine and am not sure where to start. I have been wanting to do this for a few years but haven't managed to stick to anything I've started, mostly due to a feeling of I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing. I have shifted now to realising to do what I am drawn to, however with so much out there from the different traditions I resonate with I am left confused how to weave all these together.

My primary influences are metaphysics, sufism, buddhism, rastfarianism & shamanism. Elements of all these disciplines resonate with my highly. However, I'm not sure how to move forward with my practice. Any advice, help or tips would be appreciated.

PS. I have benefitted from Erin Telford & David Elliots breathwork meditations & also Heart Maths that Maryam did in one of her classes. I would love to incorporate yoga too...

Muchos Gracias,
Shabana

Re: Daily Spiritual Routine

SaraS
Hello Shabana,
My daily ritual comes first and foremost from my being on a sufi path, so that helped with giving a structure somehow. I always make sure that I include expression (I prefer writing) and movement (this doesn't always come easy to me) . Personally, I make sure I am always listening
Listening to my body as opposed to wanting to craft a routine that looks like someone else's. I make sure I'm always in alignment and that I always listen to my body and honor it's cycles

I hope this helps!

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020, 20:13 Shabanaxo [via New Earth Mystery School], <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://new-earth-mystery-school.21095.n8.nabble.com/Daily-Spiritual-Routine-tp2169.html
To unsubscribe from New Earth Mystery School, click here.
NAML

Re: Daily Spiritual Routine

grace
Hi I really liked incorporating a principle Dr Nicole LaPera talks about a lot -- making one small daily promise and keeping that promise to yourself no matter what.

Maryam talks about it too, devotion and 40 days, but it's been a while so I don't remember that video, maybe reprogramming.

I struggled with this in 2018. 2019 I picked one small promise and made a star chart for the amount of days I was committing to my devotion (literally a chart on the wall i drew stars on every time I completed it, sometimes I drew hearts for self love on the days I missed knowing I would renew my promise to myself the next day).

Then I added on to that single ritual. It taught me a lot of patience and discipline.

Re: Daily Spiritual Routine

Dhiyanah
I love this question and all the suggestions shared on here, especially about listening to the body and doing what feels good!

One thing I've learned from teaching my brain and body to prioritize having a spiritual daily morning and night routine is that because we change as we heal/evolve, our practices will also shift - and when we allow them to shift, we're creating the flexibility and spaciousness that helps us receive healing and love with ease.

Having a connection to traditions - either one or multiple traditions - can be such a blessing but it can also trigger guilt/shame when our practice begins shifting and changing with us. It can feel jarring when the practice moves away from what's familiar or expected, but the flip side of that is the dissonance is an invitation to face the mysteries within you - you choose how you welcome that in. Letting go of needing to fit *everything* into your routines can also be really helpful.

Here's what I focus on to recenter me in my daily practice: Start/focus on what gets you in your flow - and it's okay if this looks different on different days - then let the flow do the rest.

All the best!
<3
<3
@byDhiyanah

Re: Daily Spiritual Routine

Halima
Hi Shabana,

I am on a deep healing journey now and have been relying heavy on my spiritual routines. Here is what I incorporate:

Morning- Wake up get settled and listen to a meditation. I did the 21 day Deepak Oprah one on Hope (I'm doing it again) which is free and I enjoyed. But there are so many so whatever meditation feels good to you. Some pranayama too! Then I Do an iChing reading and a meditation from the Sufi Book of Life. Then I journal.

Afternoon- Most days a salt bath with some singing :-) Later in the afternoon yoga, and/or dance until I sweat and am out of breath.

Night- Make salat/pray. Recite Quran.  Reread and do the iChing and Sufi book of life mediations from earlier that day. Five things in gratitude journal. Light some candles. Give thanks :-)

It is pretty time consuming and the days have been flying by but it feels good. Sending you love as you put together your own uniquely blended routine***

Halima

Re: Daily Spiritual Routine

Becky
Hi Shabana,

Similar to what others have said, my daily practices tend to vary based on how I feel, what I need, etc. However, I recently completed yoga teacher training and several of the assignments were to complete a meditation, yoga kria, mantra, etc., for a set number of days (we started with 11 min a day for 11 days and worked up to 40 days). I had never before actually completed a 40-day practice (I tend to get "bored" and begin to crave variety), but I found it to be a really interesting experience.

For one thing, doing something for a set number of days, I could experience that some days it's wonderful, some days it's irritating, some days I'm chanting while I'm driving because that's what was convenient that day (and I did discover that I LOVE to chant while I'm driving and it increases my focus and lowers my stress!). Just like with physical muscles, repetition can be very effective at building the spiritual muscles and increasing capacity for discipline, distress tolerance, commitment, etc.

Once all of my assignments were completed, I didn't do anything planned at all for about a month or so. Each morning includes some meditation, some yoga, some chanting, usually reading/journaling, usually singing/music. Now that I've had my "variation breather" I've started another 40-day practice (Ho'oponopono), but the rest of my routine is fairly fluid. One of the things I like about having a set number of days to practice is that there is a definite end I can "check off" and reflect on the experience. For me, it's similar to setting a timer for meditation so I can relax and not worry about how long I'm doing it for.

My kids and I use 40-days as a marker for establishing new habits, so we have a little dry-erase chart on the fridge where we can track something that we're working on, so I've been marking this on there. If I miss a day, I DO NOT beat myself up (oppty to practice forgiveness of myself there, right?) and instead do what I call a "Fibonacci Makeup" which means that for the first day I miss, I make up that day +1, if I miss another, I make up that one +2, and so on through 3, 5, 8, etc. (though I've never had to go that far so far!). You don't "have" to make up days at all, but this is what feels good for me.

My best advice is to try something and see how it feels. You could come up with a couple of options, try each of those for 3 days, then pick one for a longer time....there's no rule, of course. Just be gentle with yourself and allow for feelings of resistance to whatever you choose at various points along the way. My other suggestion for anyone starting a new habit is to START SMALL. Most of my habits I have now I started by doing for five minutes a day, because that was super easy for me to commit to. I have learned that I work better when I begin where I am, vs. where I want to be in the future. :)

Have fun and enjoy the fruits of your sacred time!

Sat nam,
Becky

Re: Daily Spiritual Routine

Jessica S.
Hey Shabana,

What I feel has been working for me has been going with the flow. Doing exactly what i feel like doing at the moment. I sometimes wake up and meditate. Other times I wake up and feel drawn to playing with my sound bowl, Other times I get the urge to go be active whether that be running or doing a good workout. And as of late, Ive been tuning into Erin Telfords IG lives on thursdays to take part of those breathwork sessions. Oh and other times I don't feel like doing absolutely nothing. I guess what I'm trying to say is, do whatever feels right at the moment. Theres really no right or wrong way. Go with the flow as Maryam always suggests. Your spiritual practice is yours and yours only. Do what works for you.

Hopefully you found this helpful <3
Peace & Blessings
Love, Jessica.

Re: Daily Spiritual Routine

Shabanaxo
Hi Sara,

I love writing & movement also. It's been easier in the lockdown to learn to be free flowing yet following your inner guidance and I have been exploring whatever comes to me.

Defo hear you on crafting your own routine, something has just clicked for me in the last few weeks and I have managed to make a start, feels great.

Thank you & Stay Blessed xx

Re: Daily Spiritual Routine

Shabanaxo
Thank you Grace! I have managed to keep my one promise to myself on most days recently, I love the idea of the 40 days of devotion. :) Blessings x

Re: Daily Spiritual Routine

Shabanaxo
Hey Dhiyanah,

I love the focus of your post heal/evolve/flow...
I have noticed that shame trigger whilst moving away from older practices or those from my culture & have recently healed that by incorporating what really resonates with me into my own practice. That was such a great point you made.

"Start/focus on what gets you in your flow" - I will keep this in mind as it's this type of though that has helped me to finally start.

Thank you x

Re: Daily Spiritual Routine

Shabanaxo
Hi Halima,

That sounds amazing. It is the Hope Meditation course actually that I started recently which really helped me kickstart my routine, love it!

I have the Sufi Book of Life will read that soon, The Quran I find helpful when I'm really struggling and sometimes I'm randomly inspired to look up things I've read before. I do value that as great resource for me also.

Yoga & Dance I love too. Thank you, it might be time consuming but a lot of your routine resonates and is also simple. I will carry on crafting mine.

Much Love x

Re: Daily Spiritual Routine

Shabanaxo
Hi Becky,

Thank you for taking your time in replying with so much detail.

The set number of days thing is appealing & currently doing a 21 day course that is taking me through different vibes, I am appreciating the journey and anticipated completion and reflection. Gosh the way you described the days, I have felt that for sure! I hear you.

I love the Ho'oponopono prayer and will look into the 40 day practice of that. Also love that you and your family monitor your progress together on different things.

Fibonacci method also appeals & starting small!

Thank you so much, stay blessed xx

Re: Daily Spiritual Routine

Shabanaxo
Hi Jessica,

Thank you I love your vibe! I think I'm getting there to understanding what my flow is. I felt like I needed some routine to bring me out of constantly going into dark places. I would then do things to bring me out such as dancing or going out in nature whatever I felt drawn to, but I wasn't sure how to maintain my vibe. Thanks to Maryams work and some other work I have been doing recently, something has really clicked & my flow is now actually a productive one so yeah I'm shaping up my style now.

Muchos gracias, blessings to you xx

Re: Daily Spiritual Routine

Briana
Hey Shabana

Something i found really helpful is making a list of all the spiritual tools I like to use
(EFT, yoga, dance, sound baths, journaling, reiki, meditation, to name a few) and then committing to do 2 or 3 everyday, it doesn't matter which ones I choose.
This allows me to tune into what my energy body needs each day without being too strict on myself, and at the same time, remain consistent with my practices each day.

Re: Daily Spiritual Routine

Jessica S.
Thats awesome!
I am too though lol and thank you <3
Peace & Blessings
Love, Jessica.

Re: Daily Spiritual Routine

Jummy
Hey Shabana!

I've got a pdf of Rituals for Wellbeing by Amisha Ghadiali that's a helpful workbook to try out if you want a copy?

It reflects of what lots of people are already saying here and can be a space for you to write things if that's useful to you!

I'm sure you'll find routines that work for you with some playing around!

J x

Re: Daily Spiritual Routine

Shabanaxo
Hey Briana,

Thank you for this. I had actually made a list called Raise Your Vibration of things that I normally enjoy doing.. & things that reset me! This wasn't a list I was using daily but when I felt like I'd dipped.

I think it's a great idea to pick whatever you feel like doing each day.. I'm also looking back at old talks by Maryam and collating tools she's taught us. So I can build my tool kit... ! The forgiveness tool from Timeline Jumping is brilliant!

Much Love x

Re: Daily Spiritual Routine

Shabanaxo
Go you! Go me! Go us! <3

Re: Daily Spiritual Routine

Shabanaxo
Hey Jummy,

Thank you for offering.

I am good for now and integrating a lot of different things. If I need it will reach out.

Much thanks, Stay blessed x