Community Meeting May 16 (Poetry Writing Workshop)

Community Meeting May 16 (Poetry Writing Workshop)

Maryam Hasnaa
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Community Meeting May 16 (Poetry Writing Workshop)

Cherrelle
I thoroughly enjoyed today's Poetry Writing class.  It was wonderful.  Thank you Sukina and Maryam.
I wanted to share two of the poems I wrote during the workshop.

(1) Sweeter Than Honey

Your embrace calls out to me
Sweeter Than Honey
Smoother than Silk
More beautiful than any sunset

Your call enlivens my being
Sweeter than honey
More beautiful than a garden of roses
Full of morning dew

Your wonders have no end
Sweeter than honey
More fragrant than peppermint leaves
Full of Divine Love

Divine Wisdom, You are..
Sweeter than honey

(2) By Gold Cords of Love

At the bottom of the rung I lay
Lower in spirit than I was yesterday
Dark clouds of emotion surround my being
Here I am, within the fierceness of my own darkness
Alone...
Afraid...
Lower in strength than I was yesterday
Winds of confusion and pain surround my being
Here I am, within the darkness of my own fear
Alone...
Afraid...
Lower in might than I was just yesterday
But Here I am..
Here I am...
My darkness, My fear, can't consume me.
By Gold Cords of Love I'm lifted above my illusions.
By Gold Cords of Love I'm free

Re: Community Meeting May 16 (Poetry Writing Workshop)

Becky
Oh, I love that Gold Cords of Love....thank you for sharing.

lower than....just yesterday. It resonates!

-Becky

Re: Community Meeting May 16 (Poetry Writing Workshop)

Emryss
Cherrelle These are beyond beautiful thank you for sharing.

Re: Community Meeting May 16 (Poetry Writing Workshop)

Emryss
I thoroughly enjoyed this poetry workshop, every workshop with Sukina feels magical. I decided to add the writings that came out of the session.

Inspired by the Wisdom poem she read us

Lovingly she lays a foundation of stepping stones and holds my hands gently as I take my first steps.
Along the way,
she nurtures me, interrupting me only to show me of places were ancient wisdom lies.

She says that it is hidden beneath the waterfalls where the fish play.

It is in the mysterious growth pattern of the flowers.

The wisdom we long for is within the memories of the scents we can not place but find so comforting. Her wisdom is infinite, and without bias.

                                            Separate Story no title

   Her image, her wildness, and disarrayed clothes did not dim her light.

   She shined brilliantly before the Lord, not at all seeing her through the eyes of judgment but eyes of tenderness.

   She brought what she had, and in her heart, she knew that it was enough.

   She was enough.

   She is enough. Shells in hand, she approached him, ignoring the laughter of her peers.

   Placing them gently in his hands, and as she let go, the ocean waters surrounded them. They sang and swayed notes of gratitude to her for seeing the beauty within them.

   And he blessed the shells rearranging them into a crown. With a firm softness, he crowned her as a beautiful, lovely, accepted part of divinity.

   In her tattered clothes, she stood head held high,

   with her burgundy lips parted and sang, I am enough because I am you, dirty and disheveled.

   I am loved unconditionally by him.

             My father sees me for who I am.