Book Club

Sheri
I just wanted to leave this comment because i was so excited to see Maryam mention Dr. Gabor Mate in the book club for November. He is truly one of my favourite people! One of his first books that i read was In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts which was just amazing. I'm so happy to see When the Body Says No mentioned.

He does an online training of his Compassionate Inquiry model twice a year i believe. I would love to take part in that one day.

Just wanted to send some love for that recommendation, there's always gems dropped in the book club videos and i love them!

Anyone else super excited about recommendations you've seen in the book club?

Re: Book Club

Kyle
Thank you for highlighting this. I will add it to my list. I'm currently reading The Mysticism of Sound and Music: The Sufi Teachings of Hazrat Inayat Khan. I've seen this book mentioned several times in classes and in one of the book club videos. It is absolutely amazing and really resonates with me.

Re: Book Club

Binta
Thank you for making this thread Sheri.

So much love for the book club. I just got the audiobook for When the Body Says No. Really excited to dive in. I highly recommend Healing Love through the Tao. It is blowing my mind in a great way. I think they also have one specifically for male-bodied people as well.

I'm also reading Plant Spirit Medicine which is really great but I tend to only read it with or to my plants haha.

I would love to hear other recommendations from the book club that stood out to folx.

Chi

Re: Book Club

Chi
!! I literally was coming into the forum today to drop some love for the book club!  Thank you for starting this thread!

I saw in the community meeting Maryam was unsure of how/if the book club is being utilized so I want to detail that here as well.  I visit book club posts on an as needed basis.  When I'm feeling like there is a subject I want to explore further, I'll go to the book club posts for that section.  So a lot of the time when I'm browsing for books on here I'm visiting older videos.

I'm reading a few from the book club right now, but I'm really loving on Loveability by Robert Holden.  The way that he writes about love in this book really resonates with me.  I'm actually creating some art pieces inspired by the ideas in this book.

& @binta Healing Love through the Tao is so good!

Re: Book Club

Sheri
All of the quotes mentioned from The Mysticism of Sound and Music are so beautiful, thank you for mentioning it and reconfirming how amazing it is. It's definitely going on my list right now!

Re: Book Club

Sheri
I'm definitely going to check out Healing Love Through the Tao, thank you for bringing my attention to this one Binta.

P.S. I can't get over the picture in my mind of you reading to your plants, that is such a beautiful thing to do! I definitely have always read amongst my plants but never to them and i love this <3

Re: Book Club

Sheri
I totally agree Chi, i use the book club similarly and i'm always revisiting past ones for reference and finding what i need when working with that specific theme.

I also love to see what resonates with others and gets them excited so thank you for sharing how much you are loving Loveability.

Re: Book Club

willow
Hi friends! I love this thread!

I absolutely love to read and I'm so excited too check out some of the titles you've all shared here. At the moment, "In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts" is piquing my curiosity.

Have you all ever heard of Scribd? It's like Netflix but for e-books and audio books! While I love the feel of physical books, I will say reading on this app has been really enjoyable. I've been able to check out a lot of books on personal healing, trauma, metaphysics, and mysticism etc. (and lots on other topics as well).

Every scribd user gets a referral link, which will give people two months free (instead of one), in case you are interested in looking into it: https://www.scribd.com/g/7lj3mi

Some of books I've enjoyed are:
The Subtle Energy Body: An Encyclopedia of Your Energetic Anatomy by Cyndi Dale
Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents by Lindsey Gibson
Creating Money by Sanaya Roman (a channeled book)
Being Your Higher Self by Sanaya Roman (a channeled book)
Human Design: Discover the Person You Were Born to Be
by Chetan Parkyn
The Essential Kabbalah: The Heart of Jewish Mysticism by Daniel C. Matt

Re: Book Club

Nneka
Thank you for the link, Willow! I just used it for 2 months. I’m happy to have an alternative to Audible since it’s very expensive. Scribd looks great!

I’m currently reading and listening to at the same time Spirit Hacking by Shaman Durek. It’s been a really enjoyable experience and his teachings are very aligned to those of NEMS but from a shamanic perspective. I highly recommend!

Re: Book Club

bree
Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents by Lindsey Gibson is such a good read! It's so amazing to see it mentioned here. :)

Re: Book Club

Marissa
I'm currently reading Becoming Supernatural by Dr. Joe Dispenza and it has been giving me so many unexpected mental breakthroughs!

I love that The Mysticism of Sound and Music was mentioned - I just pulled it off my bookshelf to drop into some of the amazing quotes and insights. This one is one of those books I have to read little by little bc it's so juicy!

Re: Book Club

lunaheretic
Hi community! I'm pretty new here. I've been feeling stirred to share for a few days now how powerful I found a recommended book for the Book Club, The Soul's Plan by Robert Schwartz. I picked it up with the free trial of Audible. It was such an incredible and touching reminder that everything happens for a reason, that the challenges and lessons we face in life are orchestrated by our souls. Highly recommend.

I have been going through a really tough I want to say year but let's say incarnation lol.  I married my spiritual teacher and then he went blind and I had the caretaker role for a decade. He became intensely abusive and controlling. After my most recent stage of ascension I began to see clearly our patterns and my codependency and his mental health issues and last year he died suddenly. I dealt with a lot of anger as after he passed away many of the remaining illusions and lies and manipulations were revealed--we embodied the empath/narcissist duality that is so common to hear about today.

I felt somehow the lesson was complete when he died, like his mission was done, he just went poof like a genie, brain hemorrhage. Despite this intuitive sense, I was overwhelmed by trauma and my feelings of anger and confusion how a soulmate who brought me into the mind of God--we had incredibly powerful mystical experiences together--could betray me like this.

Reading this book I experienced massive crying release and a revelation that this lesson was planned prebirth, including the personality structures of teacher/student, narcissist/empath. I felt like I could finally forgive and move on from my rage. I finally learned some huge lessons in this lifetime, many of which tie into what we are learning here and especially regarding the wounded healer/healed healer archetypes.
Communicating with my guides confirmed for me the truth of this. I'm very grateful for this share.

Blessings to all,
Kara

Re: Book Club

Khat
Hey everyone! Fellow Book Worms & Birds!

Shoutout Willow for that link! I absolutely love that app and I'm currently listening to Rich Dad Poor Dad. And I found a PDF called Awakening Your Light Body.
A book book I'm reading is by the late and magnificent Toni Morrison called "Song of Solomon" has anyone read that one? The descriptions is so rich. Toni really knows how to capture the dynamics of a black family in the the 1930s. I highly recommend if anyone wants to take a break from the metaphysical lol.

Much love