Book Club Thread

Sarah
Hi friends!

Maryam, you mentioned in this month’s book club video that you don’t get a lot of feedback about our reading, and I’m curious to know more about how it’s going for everyone!

So how’s if going for everyone??

For me, I’m a pretty voracious reader, but most of the book club books are stacking up into a comically intimidating pile on my nightstand (and my floor, and my desk, and god forbid I should put them on a bookshelf...;).

I notice this whenever there’s something I’m really excited about but never seem to get started on: I know when I pick up one of these books, I won’t be able to put it down and next thing I know it’s 3 am 2 days from now and I haven’t eaten or showered in 48 hours.

Soooo I guess what I’m saying is, I would love some accountability/structure - both to start reading...and to stop!

Anybody else interested in committing to sharing a reading container? Maybe we agree to hold a predetermined space for ourselves, like an hour before bed or in the morning over breakfast or whatever works for each of us? Would you be interested in reading the same book together, or each following were we’re individually drawn but coming here to support and check in on each other?

Let me know what you’re feeling!

Love love love <3

Re: Book Club Thread

kimi
This post was updated on .
I love these ideas! I'm curious what reading different books an hour before bed/per day and then meeting regularly to share could look like, and/or to see if anyone else might want to co-create a container around one book and meet to discuss. I'm open to what feels authentically good !

In case it's helpful, some books I'm reading/have recently read:

Celestine Prophecy series
The Highly Sensitive Person
Energetic Boundaries
Ancient Secretes of the Flower of Life vol 2

subjects/books I'd like to read:

Transcending the Maya Matrix
A Course in Miracles
Doing inner-child/shadow work

Re: Book Club Thread

Sarah
Yay Kimi!! Should we go ahead and try reading a little every day and see how that feels and what we feel moved to do based on that in terms of discussing/sharing/etc?

Re: Book Club Thread

Valentina
Hi :)

I just wanted to give feedback on the book club as well.

So far, I have used the book club to build a list of references and I'll usually order a book or 2 per month that resonate and if I get through those, then I go on from there. I've also been using "A course in Miracles" consistently for the past couple of months. I love that some of the books are workbooks, some are more inspiration/reference, and then I really dig the heavy information ones haha

I really love that you (Maryam) give us so much information, it is priceless. What if within each month you picked one of the several books that all of us read together? Would people do that if we had one book to focus on for the month? Like you said (Sarah), I feel like maybe then someone would have to facilitate discussion on the specific book in the forum cause that'd be extra work for Maryam. Or maybe we can discuss the book in the community meetings that we have? Just a thought.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Valentina

Re: Book Club Thread

Kemi
I also love the book club posts. I use them to pick usually 1 book and read that over the several weeks. I love having a reference for constant book inspiration without being forced in one direction or another. Thank you Maryam!