Belly dancing and Caribbean dancing, is there correlation?

Roc

Belly dancing and Caribbean dancing, is there correlation?

Roc
At yesterday's class I kept thinking about how the belly dancing reminded me of Caribbean dancing. Toronto, many of us are Caribbean immigrants ( me parents are Jamaicn) so there  is  a very rich influential Caribbean culture. Here it is not unusual to be taught how to "whine" ( move your hips in a circular motion) at a young age , it's just apart of the culture it's not necessarily seen as sexual.

I just thought it was so interesting connecting the two. I don't know too much about the history of Caribbean dancing but I'm inspired to do some more research.

Thanks!

Re: Belly dancing and Caribbean dancing, is there correlation?

Sophia
I was thinking the same thing!! Caribbean culture is rich with dance that works and wines the hips passed down from our ancestors who I am sure knew a thing or two about that sacral chakra!😉