Being misunderstood

Safia Dalila
I have an old way of being/ identifying that I really wish to break away from, but I’m not sure how. I’ve always felt as though people often don’t get me or understand where I’m coming from and it’s impacted my ability to fully speak my truth because I feel that I won’t be understood either way. I don’t believe that my desire is simply to be accepted, but I do catch myself biting my tongue out of concern for looking like a “bad” or “mean” person.

I know that if I don’t feel comfortable with my truth others won’t either and I’m tired of feeling the need to hide. Have any of you delt with this? If so, how did you get over it and make it a part of the past?

❤️Safia

Re: Being misunderstood

Rhea
Hi love, i have dealt with this in my journey too. what i have learned so far that has been an immense help to me is the realization of the lesson i am being presented with. what is it that your soul wants to overcome/master with communication? fear of speaking our truth can surface from low self esteem / self worth. what i do is practice with myself first by checking in and asking myself how I feel and how I would respond if I were coming from a place of wholeness or Oneness with another person. Because ultimately whether they understand or not isn't the issue, the issue is, are you truly believing what you are saying. Because of course if it doesn't resonate with you it won't feel right coming out and it will seem as though others are misunderstanding you! Know that any judgement you think they will pass are simply old ways of seeing yourself that need to be cleared. You are not bad, mean, wrong, etc. You are perfect as you are.

I hope this made sense and was somewhat helpful.

Warmth and light to You
warmth and peace to you

Re: Being misunderstood

Kristina
Hi Safia I dont know if you have a meditation practice but ive noticed with myself that the "solutions" my mind comes up with when Im thinking about something differ greatly from what i receive from spirit in meditation. All the answers are already within to each detailed situation within our lives and usually we just have to drop in and listen to spirit. Ive also noticed that when focusing on my general selfcare and upleveling it (diet, altar work, selflove talk, excersize, meditation ect) problems in relationships or speaking my truth just dissolve. They were not the real issue it was just my own projection but when I raise my vibration Im able to see that clearly. Not sure what you are exactly going through but hope this helps. We are all going though these soul lessons and even though it can feel difficult at times there is a divine timing and placement for all of us at all times. Ometeotl. Well wishes <3

Re: Being misunderstood

Safia Dalila
Thank you for your replies Aneesha and Kristina. Both of you mentioned projection of some sort. Makes sense

Re: Being misunderstood

Felisha Nicole
Hello Safia,

I hope you receive this late response. I've dealt with feeling misunderstood throughout my life, still do from time to time. I used to literally bite my tongue and shrink myself out of fear of saying too much, being "too mushy" or speaking truth as I felt it, fearing possibly being punished for it. However minimal, I now use those interactions to practice listening to my spirit, feeling through my body instead allowing my mind to create a story, as well as listening to what isn't being said from the other (discerning what energy is theirs, what is mine).

Maryam helped me out a lot when she mentioned how her energy can be activating or catalyst and a gong went off for me, like "ohhhh" perhaps it's NOT me, I'm meant to speak (when I feel called to) my truth and feel heard. I have anxious moments when I'm more in my mind than body and I remind myself "it is safe to be me" "it is safe to be who I am", these affirmations are so giving. With that said, I came across a few quotes I saved from Maryam's twitter some time ago that I still find helpful, I hope they offer solace:

"Become your own person by letting go of the need to explain yourself to others."
"It's never your job to make others feel comfortable with who you are."
"I release any residual guilt for the way it makes others feel when I am standing in my power."

Much love