Ancestral Healing & Medicine

Renee Smith
Greetings!

I am interested in learning more about Ancestral Healing & Medicine. I feel that I am being guided in this direction so that I can add that as a supplement to my holistic wellness practice. I've been learning so much about connecting with our ancestors over the last several months and I'm so glad it was discussed in NEMS. I really enjoyed the discussion.

I've been doing my own personal work in connection to my ancestors to facilitate my own healing and within my family. The guidance I am receiving has been so helpful. I feel that this is one area that not many have really tapped into from a spiritual/functional wellness perspective.

Thank you Maryam for incorporating this!

Renee
Lee

Re: Ancestral Healing & Medicine

Lee
Hi!

I am also too looking to get more into Ancestral healing as well. Would you be open to sharing any resources you have about this? I'm looking into getting Daniel Foor's book, but everything I've done so far has been intuitive. Any other resources would be great.

Re: Ancestral Healing & Medicine

Kristina
Hello everyone there have been many ways that I have experienced ancestral connections, healing & medicine. visiting my homelands has been huge for me, learning more of my ancestral & family hystory either through family storytelling or connecting with my communities. also though working with plants that come from my homelands, taking flower essences of flowers native to my homelands & eating ancestral foods. Also making an ancestral altar and giving offerings to the altar such as foods that my ancestors ate, flowers, candles. also calling in dreams with ancestors. working with traditional medicine people & herbalists from my cultures/homelands. SO many ways. If either of yall are in the bay area there is an herbal school in oakland called ancestral apothecary which i recommend, its all about ancestral medicine.

Re: Ancestral Healing & Medicine

Marissa
Hi loves! I’ve also been into this topic since our class. I’ve been reading Daniel Foor’s book and it’s nice because the info is really straight forward and each chapter has journal questions so you can pause and connect with yourself and your relationship with your ancestors and family history.

I’m also doing a trial of ancestry.com and that has been surprisingly interesting to find the documents (immigration, military, birth, marriage, divorce, etc) on file with the past 2-3 generations of my family.

I feel like I’m just getting started on this journey, and I’m looking forward to diving deeper into this aspect of my creation!

Re: Ancestral Healing & Medicine

MoonSun
Do you know which class this was mentioned in? I'm having a lot of ancestor related spiritual experiences!

Re: Ancestral Healing & Medicine

Cara
I too would like to know which class this is mentioned in. I feel called to connecting with my tipuna (ancestors).

It's in Soul Mate Relationships 2.0 :)
https://www.maryamhasnaa.com/soul-mate-relationships.html

Re: Ancestral Healing & Medicine

MoonSun