After effects of reparenting inner child

After effects of reparenting inner child

Tiffany
Hi everyone,

So I finally caught up on the inner child class early this morning. I hadn’t slept the night before because of issues with my family that has been ruminating (inner child issues). I did some journaling/reframing of all the things on my mind. After watching the class I dozed off and dreamt that I told my mother how I really felt. It felt like a real “release” and I actually feel a little better now.

Just found that interesting and thought I’d share.

Xoxo

Re: After effects of reparenting inner child

Seyi
That resonates with me! I've been doing a lot of inner child work for the past few months, and I have been going back and forth on whether I need to tell my mother what I have worked through in therapy. I recently journaled the points I would make if I were to have a conversation with her about it and that alone was very helpful because it helped me see my own growth and where I stand. I don't intend to share what I have written with her unless she is open to it and asks me a question that shows me she can receive it, but if she does, it will be easy for me to communicate clearly.

Re: After effects of reparenting inner child

Tiffany
Hi Seyi,

It takes so much courage to do this work. I’m also working with a therapist on this. It’s hard sometimes but it’s worth it. Like you, I don’t intend to share it with her unless she’s open to it

Re: After effects of reparenting inner child

petalargie
Hi Tiffany, Seyi,

I'd love to hear how your journey with the inner child work has progressed. I started the process this past week and the speed of healing has been amazing. I was also attempting to do this work via 12 Step groups on/off for 10 years or so -
Again, would love to hear if you stuck with it and your experiences in general.
Best,
pL