2 Questions about Archetypes (April 2020 Theme)

2 Questions about Archetypes (April 2020 Theme)

Evelyn K
Hi y'all,

I'm Evelyn, and I'm new here. I participated in my first live class yesterday, the Archetypes 1.0 one. I have two lingering questions and if you feel compelled, feel free to answer them.

If you want to know why I'm asking a question, I added background context to give you more info. Thank you in advance!

//

1. How can we know which archetype(s) is/are the best one(s) for us to embody at any given time?

When I was listening to this class, there was a part of me that wanted to place value judgments on the archetype, meaning put them into "good" and "bad" categories. I am aware these labels are false, as there are no good/bad archetypes, but there are only the ones that are just right for us to embody for our evolution and ascension. I'm wondering how we can determine that.

2. What is the best intention one can have while embodying the caretaker archetype (without any distortions / self-serving intentions)?

I ask, I'm considering becoming an art therapist, and I'm self-reflecting to make sure that I operate in it in a healthy way, instead of having intentions based on my old patterns. For instance, I'm currently processing old wounds regarding experiences of feeling tossed aside. And therefore if I'm unaware, I can play a caretaker / service role, including an art therapist, because I want to be "recognized" and feel important because of it.

Thanks for reading!

Re: 2 Questions about Archetypes (April 2020 Theme)

xenia - @mythsofcreation
Hi Evelyn,

I feel like sometimes we need to be really gentle with ourselves.

I think that we shift into the archetype we feel is appropriate based on our intuition and there is no right or wrong so long as we are choosing that archetype instead of deciding it is who we are.

What might be fun is to try on an archetype for a day and see how it feels.
I also think that value-judging is just part of the mind's natural way of trying to understand, so just the mere fact that you realize you're doing this is an awareness that helps break it open.

I feel like with your question about being a caretaker - the questions I would ask are:
Do you take care of yourself as much as you take care of others? (In my culture, I take care of someone and then the old story is they have to take care of me, rather than us each being sovereign.)
The next question I would ask- because I have friends who are art therapists - is when you serve others as a therapist are you empowering them to see themselves as powerful? Or would you be wounded if a client came to see you and then decided to go another route? That's a good litmus test for me when I am in service to others, and I am checking my ego.

I hope this was helpful!
Xenia Marie Ross
@mythsofcreation
Human Design Readings + Sacred Heart Sessions

Re: 2 Questions about Archetypes (April 2020 Theme)

Evelyn k
Your response was definitely helpful and insightful, Xenia! Thank you!